Fabia mk1 1.8T RWD

benjen

Thought as much, they are quite pointless on Steelies lol, 

Ive always liked those 16" Steelies, wonder if they come in 4x100 for the citigo :D

i was always going to fit them for added piece of mind more than anything else 

yeah standard header tank from the 1.4 just gave it a clean, cooler is 350mmx 550mm x 63mm if i remember rightly. Power steering pot is the one off the octy and mounted under the driver side chassis leg behind the bumper. Not for scene points but due to lack of bloomin' space. I binned the standard electrical power steering pump because i wanted the hole it left for my cooler pipework. I also binned my ABS and A/C 

Be careful using a belt drive pump on the fabia rack mate, I made that mistake on my first fabia rally car, there is a massive mismatch in flow rates which meant I was boiling the oil in the pump when it was revving, either slow the pump down with a bigger pulley or alter the pressure valves in the pump.. 

saxo pump sorted mine as I stuck it where the battery was

• Like 1

Be careful using a belt drive pump on the fabia rack mate, I made that mistake on my first fabia rally car, there is a massive mismatch in flow rates which meant I was boiling the oil in the pump when it was revving, either slow the pump down with a bigger pulley or alter the pressure valves in the pump.. 

saxo pump sorted mine as I stuck it where the battery was

cheers for that it was more of a after thought i will look at machining a larger pulley, may bring some more feel back into the steering

10347184_822619537771589_615579852040120

power drops off at the top because the standard actuator can't hold the boost. I have a Stack mechanical boost gauge and it peeks at 22psi (1.51 bar) and drops too 20psi as the revs go up (1.37 bar) 

10347184_822619537771589_615579852040120

power drops off at the top because the standard actuator can't hold the boost. I have a Stack mechanical boost gauge and it peeks at 22psi (1.51 bar) and drops too 20psi as the revs go up (1.37 bar)

You thinking of trying the external spring mod or just going to replace the actuator?

Very nice by the way :)

Impressive figures though mate, bet your impressed with that.

No wonder you blasted past me at Blyton :)

Yeah its good fun but could do with more in the future when funds allow, want another 100bhp when i do the next stage

You thinking of trying the external spring mod or just going to replace the actuator?

Very nice by the way :)

A Forge item with a yellow spring would sort it out, but until i have an LSD fitted the power will stay the same.
  • Like 1

A Forge item with a yellow spring would sort it out, but until i have an LSD fitted the power will stay the same.

What LSD do you need?

I have a wavetrac that fits a 5 speed 2004 Ibiza FR here...

• Like 2

What LSD do you need?

I have a wavetrac that fits a 5 speed 2004 Ibiza FR here...

what are they like??? i was looking at a Quafie item. But yes i'm on a 02J 5 speed

Yeah engine spec :)

AUQ 1.8t from octavia vrs with octavia 02j gearbox with single mass flywheel and clutch. K04-023 turbo relentless v2 tubular manifold,9"x6" K&N air filter, oil catch can, BAM injectors, Walbro 255, Forge 007p with yellow spring, 3" MAF, 3" TIP, orange samco hoses, 3" turbo back decat exhaust, 500x250x63mm cooler, 63MM cooler pipework, N249/SAI delete, ECS N75 valve, and a custom map by Shark Performance

• Like 3

what are they like??? i was looking at a Quafie item. But yes i'm on a 02J 5 speed

In short, very good.

I've had a Quaife and I'd go for the Wavetrac everytime having since seen the difference.  Hence I bought this.

The Wavetrac is a little bit more money when new, but let's face it, building a great car and then saving £100 on the LSD makes no sense.

I'd be happy to do you a sensible price because I'd love to see it in a 1.8t mk1 Fabia.

• Like 2