Fabia mk1 1.8T RWD

benjen

In short, very good.

I've had a Quaife and I'd go for the Wavetrac everytime having since seen the difference. Hence I bought this.

The Wavetrac is a little bit more money when new, but let's face it, building a great car and then saving £100 on the LSD makes no sense.

I'd be happy to do you a sensible price because I'd love to see it in a 1.8 mk1 Fabia.

Thanks for the insight ther because i have had neither so only know what i read. You will have to PM me what you looking for Richard and go from there. Its the only thing really letting the car down at the moment so it would definitely be a step in the right direction
  • Like 1

Thanks for the insight ther because i have had neither so only know what i read. You will have to PM me what you looking for Richard and go from there. Its the only thing really letting the car down at the moment so i would definitely be a step in the right direction

Essentially the difference is how they react when you unload one wheel, like bumping over a curb and it's in the air.

Most LSDs will send all the power to the unloaded wheel because zero traction multiplied any number is still zero.  They need ground contact to work correctly.

The Wavetrac doesn't work like that and still provides forward momentum.

• Like 2

Essentially the difference is how they react when you unload one wheel, like bumping over a curb and it's in the air.

Most LSDs will send all the power to the unloaded wheel because zero traction multiplied any number is still zero.  They need ground contact to work correctly.

The Wavetrac doesn't work like that and still provides forward momentum.

so basically the one to go for over a Quaife 

• Like 1

Smashed ones ;):giggle: no I'll do those somewhen! I've got a sheet to cut in the shed :)

haha if mine wasn't the only car i had then i would be putting it on a serious diet

Exactly, there's no pressure so I just do it when I can and feel like it!

thats the best way! since ive moved out ive been struggling to keep a car project long term which i can fettle with slowly over a duration. otherwise i panick, rush and make mistakes.

Rather takes the enjoyment out of it!

thats the best way! since ive moved out ive been struggling to keep a car project long term which i can fettle with slowly over a duration. otherwise i panick, rush and make mistakes.

Rather takes the enjoyment out of it!

Yeah I was lucky to be honest I'd struggle to use it as a daily 1 issue is insurance costs at 17 and the other is sod all refinement!
  • Like 1

Yeah I was lucky to be honest I'd struggle to use it as a daily 1 issue is insurance costs at 17 and the other is sod all refinement!

when i was living at my mums i was able to spin a few cars around, good as i had the citigo daily and a petrol fabia or two which i was fixing up in the evenings. but when i moved out the lack of space, and the inherent fact the landlord was a bit sceptical about me doing it has meant i cant unless i rush the work while he is away (travels alot with work)

edit, enough off topic!

Ben, since its been mapped, how has it been on the road? how is it to drive?