My first combi L&K

Hi,

I'm looking for a low profile roof bars for some time, and I'd like to know best ones, well affordable ones :D, been looking at whispbar and Thule, so is there any other companies that does them for SuperB

And for a roof box, need the biggest I could put on cause thinking to go for a holiday :), does anybody know anything about Farad F3 680 litre

Thanks

Kes

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Nice car Kes! You must be really tall to have your seat that far back?! :p

Thanks mate, I'm only 6'5 :D, that's why I went for SuperB, so people could sit behind me comfortably :P

Try the Roofbox Company's website and enter the details of the car (Skoda Superb Estate) and all the options cheap and expensive will show. I use Atera T slot ones, but not full low profile.

Try the Roofbox Company's website and enter the details of the car (Skoda Superb Estate) and all the options cheap and expensive will show. I use Atera T slot ones, but not full low profile.

Thanks mate, that's the one I looked at :), just thought, maybe there is some other ones :D

I use a Thule roofbox and a set of the Aldi £25 bars, not low profile i know. But as i remove bars and lift roofbox off still attached to bars does me. If i was having crossbars on all the time i would want the whispbars.

The Whispbar ones are awesome.  No noticeable increase in wind noise above the normal noise from the side mirrors.

Roofbox.co.uk occasionally get shop-soiled or previously enjoyed bars and boxes in their office, so also worth emailing them to see if they can do you a special.  When I moved from b6 passat estate to the big Sko I needed to get a single new cross bar as I could only re-use one of the Whispbars - they just happened to have one knocking about and sorted me out a good price.

The Whispbar ones are awesome. No noticeable increase in wind noise above the normal noise from the side mirrors.

Roofbox.co.uk occasionally get shop-soiled or previously enjoyed bars and boxes in their office, so also worth emailing them to see if they can do you a special. When I moved from b6 passat estate to the big Sko I needed to get a single new cross bar as I could only re-use one of the Whispbars - they just happened to have one knocking about and sorted me out a good price.

Thanks mate, I'll definitely emailing them, and yes I thought whispbar is better choice, I can't find reason to pay extra £60 for Thule

So does anybody know anything about roof box farad f3? Just cause they do decent size, but don't know if I'll be good sized for SuperB, due to its size (210 x 100 x 42), do you guys think it'll go fine on SuperBs roof?

Thanks

Kes

And thinking to get spare wheel, but don't want that little one, so was thinking would 18inch fit in boot or not?

Thanks

Kes

Yep an 18 will fit in the boot.

Thanks good to know :), do you know where could I get kit for spare wheel, well you know jack and key in that foam?

Thanks

Kes

Meltovas

I am only pullin your chain. The 18's will fit in the boot but NOT in the recess for the spare. I don't even think a 17 will fit. All superbas come with a 16 inch spare. With regard to the foam you could try a drawer or even cheaper try a breakers yard cos I think the Octavia one will do the trick,prob get a wheel there also.

Meltovas

I am only pullin your chain. The 18's will fit in the boot but NOT in the recess for the spare. I don't even think a 17 will fit. All superbas come with a 16 inch spare. With regard to the foam you could try a drawer or even cheaper try a breakers yard cos I think the Octavia one will do the trick,prob get a wheel there also.

Hi Kilkenny,

So now I'm kinda confused, I read some time ago, that you can fit 18' in the recess for the spare, have you actually tried to put in there. Yes I know all superbas comes with 16' spares, but when you are on holiday, you just want to have normal one if needed, due to autobahns in Germany, don't want to drive there at 50mph :D

So just wanted to know if someone has tried to to put 18' in the recess?

Regards

Kes

pretty sure a 18 is never going to fit in that space - its why you only get an 16 spare on the lower spec cars with smaller wheels and a spacesaver if you spec it new. With all the moulded recess stuff I think you have no hope. 

Hi Kilkenny,

So now I'm kinda confused, I read some time ago, that you can fit 18' in the recess for the spare, have you actually tried to put in there. Yes I know all superbas comes with 16' spares, but when you are on holiday, you just want to have normal one if needed, due to autobahns in Germany, don't want to drive there at 50mph :D

So just wanted to know if someone has tried to to put 18' in the recess?

Regards

Kes

No 18 won't fit,even without a tyre sorry. Just tried.. Tyre size is 205/55/16 Edited by Kilkenny

No 18 won't fit,even without a tyre sorry. Just tried.. Tyre size is 205/55/16

Thanks for trying mate ;)

So the only option is just to get spare wheel kit :(

Edited by metlovas

I've got an 18" spare in mine, fits no problem even with the jack and other gubbins inside it. I can take a picture if you want.

It was given to me when I bought the car to replace the 16" space saver

I've got an 18" spare in mine, fits no problem even with the jack and other gubbins inside it. I can take a picture if you want.

It was given to me when I bought the car to replace the 16" space saver

Would like to see mate, if it's possible

Cheers

Kes