SWMBO 1 : Me nil - or: How could I ever doubt the ROOMster?

You know how it goes.

"No it won't"

"of course it will"

"NO IT :swear: :swear: WON'T"

"Will"

"WON'T"

"Will will will"

"WON'T WON'T WON'T - AND I'LL PROVE IT"

"Oh!  It does" :S

To save my fellow Roomsterians similar embarrassment please note.

You can (very easily) fit a single mattress into the ROOMster and drive to the tip with full visibility out of all windows.  The plus side is that SWMBO has to sit in the seat behind you so, with a small adjustment of the rear view mirror, you don't have to go the whole journey in full view of her smug, self satisfied grin.

This car never ceases to amaze me with its versatility.  Love it more each day. :heart:

• Like 4

Mine moved a double mattress (folded lengthwise), the folded base mattress and two side cupboards all in one go.

Of course, there was no room left for SWMBO  :devil:

Sadly, Auric, I didn't take pictures either.

I hope Jonny5ive sees this and re-posts his picture of the time he used his Roomster to move his entire office.

I can't find it at the moment.

• Like 1

I got an electric Cement Mixer in the back of mine. OK so I had to fold the seats up, I took the stand off the mixer which then collapsed into 2 parts and then the drum bit sat on its wheels in the area behind the folded seats.

Did the mattress sink, or float?

Obviously your local authority has plenty of money if they can landscape your tip that well!

Why do you think I blanked out my registration plate?

But it wasn't the mattress that went in the lake...

Just stopped by en route to feed the fishes...

I had 1800 x 900 sheets of plaster board, in mine, kitchen unit and all sort of other DIY stuff

they are like a cavern especially if you whip the rear seats out (one thing I miss with the fabia estate I now have)

Why do you think I blanked out my registration plate?

But it wasn't the mattress that went in the lake...

Just stopped by en route to feed the fishes...

Ah well it shouldn't take the coppers too long to trace the white Roomster owners............

• Like 1

Ah well it shouldn't take the coppers too long to trace the only white Roomster owner............

I corrected that for you.  Still haven't seen another white one after a year! 

• Like 1

We had an unusual measuring session last week with my Roomster...One of the very younger  :x  Mrs P`s in the family, is about to give birth to twin boys next month, as an addition to the 2 year old they already have. So we assembled, what seemed like, a multitude of car seats and very odd shaped buggies. It was reminiscent of the `Von Trapp Family on Tour`  :D ..so me and number 2 son set too fitting all these seats in the car, with Mrs P, the Senior, sat in the middle of the back seat surrounded by the detritus of an expanding family....So after much swearing and carrying on, the Roomster did us proud  :sun: ...eldest in the front seat, with the airbag turned off and the rest including granny well sorted in the back, with ample room in what was left of the boot space for the buggies..and of course the massive headroom makes it safe to put all the little ones in without banging of heads, especially mine!!..

What annoys me really is Skoda regarded this car as an ugly duckling for far too long, didnt do much publicity for it, and seemed to be happy for it to wither and die. Probably one of the cheapest and most versatile runabouts on the road today. What a waste  :devil: ..........still its loved by the discerning few who appreciate quality  :clap:

• Like 2

What annoys me really is Skoda regarded this car as an ugly duckling for far too long, didnt do much publicity for it, and seemed to be happy for it to wither and die. Probably one of the cheapest and most versatile runabouts on the road today. What a waste  :devil: ..........still its loved by the discerning few who appreciate quality  :clap:

2 yrs ago I took my Octavia in for a service and had a courtesy car booked.  Receptionist was almost apologetic when she told me "You're the last one in so there is only the Roomster left".

I have to admit that at the time my heart did sink a little but after 10 minutes in it I was smitten and after 200 miles my next car was DEFINITELY going to be a Roomster.

After completing my first year and 12,000 miles I know I made the right decision.

Irony is...

2 months ago I took the Roomster in for its first service.  Courtesy car booked. Hoping to get to try out a Rapid or Citigo.  :swear:  :swear: Got another Roomster...  Gave me a good comparison between the 90 and the 105 flavours of TDi though.

Had occasion to put the Roomster to the test again yesterday. We bought some new sun loungers (always the optimist me  :sweat: )yesterday from our local B & Q ...The beds were longer than I thought 75inches (I only work in old money) hmm...bit touch and go even for the Roomster. The chap from the store who helped me was amazed at not only how you can take the seats out, but how much space there was. He was seriously impressed by what this car could do.The sunbeds went in with ease and even a tad to spare :clap:   :sun: Just love it

Can`t help but wonder what would have happened if Skoda had really advertised the potential of this car  :peek:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We've only had ours a week and have already carried a complete 'Graco' pushchair, cot and carseat system with parents and baby. Also a large TV and computer chair all without removing the seats. Super practical and we think it looks great as well!!

• Like 3

Ah, ours is very often loaded up with a large sized wheelchair, electric motor to push it along plus enough shopping for three hungry adults with all the seats still in their normal positions... Can be a bit of a squeeze at times mind, but she copes with it...

• Like 2

Welcome to the discerning classes Mike  :clap: ..I`m sure the Roomster will provide years and thousands of miles of excellent service

We're experiencing that weird 'when you get one you see lots of 'em' thing. :wonder:  When we were looking to buy one and even while we were waiting for ours to be ready to collect, we only saw one or two on the road and a couple in supermarket carparks. Since we've been driving our lovely Roomster, :wub:  we've see dozens.

In Ramsgate a couple of days ago, we were followed by a blue one, a grey one joined from a right turn and a white one joined the convoy soon after. We really didn't think that there were so many wise people in this part of Kent! :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

We took the whole shed to the tip in ours. Broken up of course. A 5x7 shed at that so not tiny.

• Like 1