Actual real pictures of an undisguised fabia III

As a driver of an 11 Fabia Estate, I would suggest that, within VAG, Skoda is the 'practical but no looker' member of the family. Yes, the Fabia estate's a bit high and thus ungainly from the rear, but this allows it to have great space, especially in the boot.

I looked at a Rapid Spaceback in the showroom a few weeks ago: a good looking car but tiny boot compared to my Fabia.

With a young family, value, efficiency and space matter more than cutting edge style. And tbh I don't think I'd be driving any Skoda if style was most important to me.

So as long as Skoda make the new Fabia reasonably contemporary style- wise, keep the Tsi engines (and the 1.4 140 please), equip it well and give me an estate that will hold what I need it to, that's what matters to me and will keep me with the brand.

If style gets in the way of practicality, then I'm afraid it's goodbye.

• Like 1

Drivers ergonomics problems in rhd? What are you thinkin of there mate?

Found the 'pedal box' on our Octy III is set to far to the right for a comfortable position, for me anyway, I believe this is to make room for a left foot rest. Now tend to undertake longer runs in our Monte, as its much better in this regard and bizarrely there is more room for your feet despite it's diminutive proportions compared to it's bigger sibling.

TP

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When the pictures of the disguised car were revealed I said how dull it looked. People said we should wait for the real thing as it would look vey different. Well, here's the real thing - apparently. And guess what. It looks utterly dull.

Where??

I have had two new Fabias (1 and 2FL) but won't be buying this one - hate the front, it looks cheap. 

Where are these official photos you two have seen?

As Huskoda says, the car is still quite heavily disguised.

Pretty sure the bits of tape all over the front lights won't make production for example :p

I know that this being Briskoda, positivity is not the done thing, but without seeing what the details are going to be like it does look a fair bit better proportioned and more chiselled than the outgoing car.

Yes, but the 2.0 diesel 140ps is only available in the 3 door. :dull:

Not 5 door or estate.

The Ibiza FR 143 is available in 5-door, it's the 170PS version that tends to just be 3-door I think.

Dint know you could get a cr170 in a ibiza? Thatd be good.

According to the SEAT configurator the 140 is only available as a 3 door and no 170 is available ?

• Like 1

Hmmmm - I was certain that they did a TDi 170 Cupra but only in 3-dr.

I have been known to be incorrect though...

Sadly not. Never been a 170bhp Ibiza. The 140 engine is the most powerful diesel in it :-(

Possibly because the 140 maps directly to around 170-175.

Kind of making it similar to the mk1 Fabia VRS oddly. :)

Looks substantially better than the MkII bubble car in my opinion. If the interior is better too, with a decent set of engine options, it'll be a winner from me.

Maybe I differ from you guys in that I think the MkI is a thing of rugged beauty, and the MkII an abomination...

• Like 2

Maybe I differ from you guys in that I think the MkI is a thing of rugged beauty, and the MkII an abomination...

I guess it comes down to taste. They'll never make everybody like it, however they design it.

I personally think the mk2 looks miles better than the mk1.

That's a bit harsh, the mk2 is more of a shopping car for the elderly than an abomination. :yes:

;)

• Like 1

That's a bit harsh, the mk2 is more of a shopping car for the elderly than an abomination. :yes:

;)

Exactly.

At night, with my hids on. I like to think people think they are getting caught up by a merc.

Then i spend ten minutes building up speed to overtake. And bam! They realise theyve been overtaken by an old guys shoppin Trolley.

Or thats what i like to think, they think...

• Like 4