Seat care, covers and leather upgrades

I picked up my vrs on the weekend and my first concern is the cloth interior.  The car has been very well cared for so the seats look like new, doe they get dirty easily and what products should be used to keep them clean?

Are there any recommended seat covers?

If I was to upgrade to a leather interior what should I expect to pay?

I picked up my vrs on the weekend and my first concern is the cloth interior.  The car has been very well cared for so the seats look like new, doe they get dirty easily and what products should be used to keep them clean?

Depends if you have a dirty job, dirty hobbies or dirty kids. Mine don't really get too bad tbh

Mine lasted 10 years. Eventually the drivers side got ripped, probably from a rivet on trousers. They were forever getting dirty but I do have dogs and I go hiking a lot. I had leather front seats, back seats and door cards done by Seat Surgeons. It cost about £900 earlier this year. Black leather with green stitching and vRS logos as on original seats. Very pleased with the leather and should have had it done years ago. I particularly like the green stitching which keeps the green theme going with the green in the Skoda Badge, green in the vRS logo, green brake callipers etc. There is even a green border around my number plate (it came like that new from the dealer). I would post some pictures but it's dark now....

Edited by svenedin
  • Like 1

I picked up my vrs on the weekend and my first concern is the cloth interior. The car has been very well cared for so the seats look like new, doe they get dirty easily and what products should be used to keep them clean?

I found mine got grubby but it sort if crept up on me. I'd notice it after a few month then clean them.

I opted to get some leathers that were modified to fit a Fabia from a guy on this forum Pulse.

Sets can range anywhere from around 250+ on here when being sold.

Seat surgeons tend to get good reviews but then you're looking at £800 plus.

A few people have opted for seats out of the polo or the Ibiza as they are a straight swap and not light grey!

• Like 1

I use Town and Country 3d Stretch seat covers on mine and I have to say that after 18 months or so, they are lasting VERY well indeed! 

They cover the rear of the seat too and fasten under the seat with velcro straps so hold in place beautifully!

I found mine got grubby but it sort if crept up on me. I'd notice it after a few month then clean them.

I opted to get some leathers that were modified to fit a Fabia from a guy on this forum Pulse.

Sets can range anywhere from around 250+ on here when being sold.

Seat surgeons tend to get good reviews but then you're looking at £800 plus.

A few people have opted for seats out of the polo or the Ibiza as they are a straight swap and not light grey!

You can buy Octavia vRS seats in half leather cheap, then convert them to fit a fabia...

... I'm doing this now. You can see some piccies of them when I'm done. The seats cost 100 quid and i've been quoted nearly the same to do the rear bench to fit... Converted the fronts myself.

Sent from my S5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I use Town and Country 3d Stretch seat covers on mine and I have to say that after 18 months or so, they are lasting VERY well indeed! 

They cover the rear of the seat too and fasten under the seat with velcro straps so hold in place beautifully!

Do they do matching covers for the rear bench too? I can't see any on ebay.

Some of the best seats are Recaros and many of us, including me have converted. I don't think I'd consider anything else now, but there are no shortage of possibilities.

The problem with the water staining is the padding under the cover is brown so it soaks through, get them clean and scotch guarding the seats will help stop the staining.

Im picking up some fabia sport seats this weekend vRS seats but black cloth 450 from ebay.

That reminds me I've still got a set of Fabia sports seats sat at home doing nothing as I decided to go the way of leather in the end.

Hmm, what to do with these...

That reminds me I've still got a set of Fabia sports seats sat at home doing nothing as I decided to go the way of leather in the end.

Depends on condition and price. May be interested!!

Lol and I'm a seat hoarder ??

£450 for sports! Noice

• Like 1

Pictures never do sports seats justice!

The middle grey bit is in a tight mesh style if you know what I mean!

Best interior I've had anyway, the red seat belts the sports have standard are a good match as well!