SONAX - Turbo Detailer

CharleyB

Just been on Clean your Car and came across this from Sonax, can it be as good as the legendary BSD? Its more expensive at £9.95 for 500ml but was wondering if anyone had used it and would it be good as a drying aid?

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/detailing-sprays/sonax-turbo-detailer/prod_1381.html

Or the other product from Sonax - Long term Protection which ' is a aerosol based, durable and long lasting sealant which not only looks great but is unbelievebly easy to use.'

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/sonax-long-term-protection/prod_1380.html

Does anyone have any knowledge of these items?

• Like 1

Very interesting, not sure I can justify another QD

I still have over 4ltrs of sonax bsd and a full bottle of v7 plus the supernatural acrylic spritz.

Hmmmmn. ....... maybe!

• Like 1

Ok, I've ordered the turbo detailer this morning and it should be here for the weekend, I'll let you know how I get on.

Did you get the turbo detailer mate?

Keen to know how it performed.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Right, I received the turbo detailer at on Friday and gave the company car a quick going over to see how it went.

Its hard not to make comparisons with BSD and there are subtle differences, firstly it has a floral smell to it that's not too unpleasant, and it has a similar consitancy as BSD but it's less grabby, and to my eyes it gave a glossier finish. The next day when I was out it rained, and the beading was very impressive, and an easy equal to BSD. For the record, my works car was polished using SRP 4 weeks ago and topped with BSD 2 weeks ago.

Longevity wise, it seams to be performing well, another light shower today and beading was excellent, but it's maybe to early to tell.

In conclusion, I'm very happy with it and it's well worth a punt, you won't be disappointed. Is it as good as BSD? Very much so -IMO- it just loses out on price.

Sorry no pics, but I plan on doing the family motor this weekend and I'll take a few then.

Thanks for that, but if theirs not much difference between that and the bsd ill wait till I run out of bsd.

Thanks for the review keep us updated...

Yup I still have over 4ltrs Chris. Best value for money product I've bought in a long time was the bsd.

And I use it a lot as well.

Anyone tried sonax wax?

Packaging on this is consistent with the lower range of Sonax products to the Xtreme range

That's true mark. Not thought of it that way.

• 7 months later...

Right, I received the turbo detailer at on Friday and gave the company car a quick going over to see how it went.

Its hard not to make comparisons with BSD and there are subtle differences, firstly it has a floral smell to it that's not too unpleasant, and it has a similar consitancy as BSD but it's less grabby, and to my eyes it gave a glossier finish. The next day when I was out it rained, and the beading was very impressive, and an easy equal to BSD. For the record, my works car was polished using SRP 4 weeks ago and topped with BSD 2 weeks ago.

Longevity wise, it seams to be performing well, another light shower today and beading was excellent, but it's maybe to early to tell.

In conclusion, I'm very happy with it and it's well worth a punt, you won't be disappointed. Is it as good as BSD? Very much so -IMO- it just loses out on price.

Sorry no pics, but I plan on doing the family motor this weekend and I'll take a few then.

Thanks for the write up CharleyB :)

I was looking at this as a replacement for BSD as I prefer the car to feel "slick" afterwards which is the only downside to BSD for me.

Does this have the Longevity of BSD ? I don't mind the extra cost if so .

Edited by Mr Grump

Thanks for the write up CharleyB :)

I was looking at this as a replacement for BSD as I prefer the car to feel "slick" afterwards which is the only downside to BSD for me.

Does this have the Longevity of BSD ? I don't mind the extra cost if so .

Hi, I've just finished the last of the turbo detailed, and restocked with BSD! There is nothing wrong with the turbo version other than it lasts just a bit less than BSD. I stand by my first quote in that it gives a slicker finish with a bit more gloss, but for the price you can't beat BSD.

• Like 1