Parking assist - no longer available..

Spoke to my dealer 10 minutes ago and it only applies to orders after the 9th of june. Orders before this should be ok. My dealer got a memo yesterday from skoda

my order was accepted by skoda uk on the 23rd of may and is ok for the sensors and park assist. orders after the 9th will have to wait or remove the option from the order.

Spokr to my dealer 10 minutes ago and it only applies to orders after the 9th of june. Orders before this should be ok. My dealer got a memo yesterday from skoda

That's strange..

I received an email on the 4th of June from the dealer saying that the car was ordered from the factory.

Now the dealer tells me that the parking assist system was cancelled from my order because the order wasn't confirmed by the factory before the 9th of June...? :wall:

The cutoff date depends on the model and other options ordered. It varies from May 12 to June 09, with the majority seeing a cutoff in June. Cars are not built in the same order as the order confirmations are generated.

So I wonder what happens if you order an L&K where it is standard equipment?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Cynical me reckons you will have no problems on the L&K.

I reckon they are taking them off the options list on other specs just to try and push people to the L&K.

I assume this is just the park assist? They arent taking the rear sensors off of the Elegance spec are they?

From what i got told off skoda uk today its all parking sensors are currently unavailable. But they didnt make it too clear what they did say though is its purely a supplier issue and are seeking a new supplier.

Glad I saw this. I was probably going to place an order this weekend and spec Park Assist, but won't bother if I can't have it. Parking where I live is atrocious for one thing! Better call the dealer tomorrow and check before I waste my time!

Spoke to the dealer where I'm booked in for a test drive, and they didn't seem to know for sure - sounds like Skoda haven't been very clear. The guy I spoke to said they are aware there are issues with the sensors but that the only memo he could find said Park Assist was unaffected, but I'm not sure how that could be given it's heavily reliant on the sensors. I suppose it could be that it's more profitable to them than just the additional front (or rear) sensors, so maybe it's a way fo rationing. Either way I've asked them to try and find a definitive answer so will update this post if I get one.

Hmm,

ANOTHER ploy to push people into buying the Laurel and Hardy?  (Despite the crappy - pardon the pun - brown seats.)

They already removed other useful options from Elegance model to force people into it.

OTOH, as of 2 minutes ago parking assist is sill an option onn Skoda UK car configurator.

its still an option on the configurator but the dealer won't be able to add it to an order

I suspected the same thing, but the dealer came back to me and said that, in addition to it being on the configurator, he was able to amend an existing order and add it.

Could just be a ploy to reel me in but I have to take his word for it I suppose.

I've had a reply from my dealer:

I have checked out internal updates system. As of the 9th June rear parking sensors are being removed as an option, as are front where they are an option on other vehicles.

They are advising to have the fitted at the dealer.

BUT this apparently does not affect Park Assist as an option.

Fingers still firmly crossed.

The not-so-good news is that I'm currently looking at BW42 for my Elegance spec TDI Combi. This is about twice the initial estimate, and means having to tax my CR-V (end of Sept) and a couple of more months @ 25mpg  :'(

Hmm,

ANOTHER ploy to push people into buying the Laurel and Hardy?  (Despite the crappy - pardon the pun - brown seats.)

They already removed other useful options from Elegance model to force people into it.

OTOH, as of 2 minutes ago parking assist is sill an option onn Skoda UK car configurator.

Sorry Norman, whats been removed from the Elegance spec or is it whats no longer in the available options for the Elegance ?

Mine was a Q4Y2013 but got it delivered on a 14 plate. Strikes me looking for a second hand O3 is gonna be a bit difficult if you want something in particular.

I hardly think it's a ploy to get people to buy the model up. Surely it makes sense to remove what is an option for one model so you have enough supply to satisfy standard spec on other models. Telling customers an option is unavailable is better than telling them the standard kit is less due to supplier issues, or whatever the reason is.

Edited by SC03OTT

What options were removed from Elegance?

ACC

Font Assist (was standard)

Lane Assist (and hence traffic sign recognition)

Now, Parking Assist seems to be being removed.

Kind of sounding like the Life of Brian sketch 'what have the Romans ever done for us ...'

Of course, they wouldn't so much need to coerce people into buying the Laurel and Hardy if it had a choice of normal interior.  

On the Elegance you can choose Black or Beige, Alcantara & leather or full leather.

On the Laurel and Hardy you can choose Brown Alcantara & leather.  Doesn't matter if i doesn't suit the colour you choose for the car,.

• Like 1

As far as I am aware, Park Assist is still available. It is if you try and add parking sensors as an option.

Traffic sign recognition has never been available in the UK from the factory, don't know why. I have even enquired about if it can be manually added to a car with lane assist and Columbus and been told no.

As far as I am aware, Park Assist is still available. It is if you try and add parking sensors as an option that the order won't be accepted.

Traffic sign recognition has never been available in the UK from the factory, don't know why. I have even enquired about if it can be manually added to a car with lane assist and Columbus and been told no.

Sensors bother only VW, but PSA and Fiat ... produces one company for all and it is "some" problem. 

The manufacturer probably Valeo