anyone in the Plymouth area.

H12WCK

hey anyone here from the plymouth area, just bought myself a Fabia VRS 2011. be nice to meet some people that know stuff about them etc. also agood oppotunity to make some new mates

cheers harry

In Devon, but nowhere near Plymouth.  I live and work in Exmouth.  Afraid I know not a lot about the petrol Fabia vRS, but I do have full VCDS if you find you have issues and no warranty to use local Skoda garage.:)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Funnily enough mate iv seen one parked on Billicombe Rd and had one come behind me in Stoke.... He didn't want to play tho :( lol. Seen a Silver Octy with black grill in Granby Esso this morning...Wasn't you was it? :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't live in Plymouth, but I do work there! Daily commuting from Newton Abbot in a Black Magic FL Octavia VRS. :happy:

I commute the A38 drumbridges to Plympton most weekdays 7:30-8am ish west and back after 5:30pm - might have seen me driving (probably badly!) in the black mkiii oct vrs estate 64 plate - presuming yours is 10 or 60 plate, will look out for you.

I'm in Exmouth. The garage I use is not far from newton Abbot. Up in haytor on dartmoor. :)

I'm not far from haytor, but my dad lives there - have to let us know when your up this way Jason, as can pop over easily. Edited by Exeterj

I'm not far from haytor, but my dad lives there - have to let us know when your up this way Jason, as can pop over easily.

I'll be there for the day on April 10th (the Friday) as my car is undergoing major brake system surgery and hopefully going through MOT. :)

• Like 1

I'll be there for the day on April 10th (the Friday) as my car is undergoing major brake system surgery and hopefully going through MOT. :)

Fingers crossed eh. If I don't have to be in the office in Plympton that day I'll try and get over and say ello. guessing you rate the garage there as its a little bit of a trip for you

Fingers crossed eh. If I don't have to be in the office in Plympton that day I'll try and get over and say ello. guessing you rate the garage there as its a little bit of a trip for you

Yes - Two mates (brothers) run it (the left of the two garages) and they are probably the sole reason my car is still going and going so well.  All performance parts have been installed by them, as well as doing the initial conversion too.

• Like 1

As you can see I live in Worcester but try and visit Plymouth as much as possible as me Mam lives in Plympton and sister in Yelverton.

I miss Devon very much and enjoy the Devon part of the drive and not the worcs, Gloucs, Avon, Zomerset bit.  Start getting fun at Holden hill and then all the other bit ie Rattery, South Brent (whatch for the cops using the bridge there (had my own Police road block there coming from Totnes to South Brent) and then the final bit where it goes from 2 to 3 lanes just before Plympton.

Did the Plympton to Yelverton via Cadover bridge a couple of weekends ago, do love the moorland runs.  Why did God make sheep fog coloured?

Some say Yorkshire is God's country, only those who do not know Devon (and dare I say it Cornwall too?)  

• Like 2

I miss Devon very much and enjoy the Devon part of the drive and not the worcs, Gloucs, Avon, Zomerset bit. Start getting fun at Holden hill and then all the other bit ie Rattery, South Brent (whatch for the cops using the bridge there (had my own Police road block there coming from Totnes to South Brent) and then the final bit where it goes from 2 to 3 lanes just before Plympton.

Did the Plympton to Yelverton via Cadover bridge a couple of weekends ago, do love the moorland runs. Why did God make sheep fog coloured?

A38 can be ok when it's quiet, but Ratterys a PITA at the mo as there's a 40 mph limit in place with ave cameras cos they're replacing the concrete cancer affected bridge at the top of the hill. I had a bad accident near ivybridge in the rain the other year - my fault going to fast for conditions, but also they've resurfaced between wrangaton and ivybridge, and there's been a lot of accidents on this stretch since (highways agency told me they were investigation the surface and run-off), so I go particularly steady on this bit in the wet.

My issue is road coloured dartmoor ponies - almost took one out a day after getting the vrs. Fortunately Haven't ever hit one myself but seen a few after mouths and thats not a pretty sight for any party.

Edited by Exeterj

A38 can be ok when it's quiet, but Ratterys a PITA at the mo as there's a 40 mph limit in place with ave cameras cos they're replacing the concrete cancer affected bridge at the top of the hill. I had a bad accident near ivybridge in the rain the other year - my fault going to fast for conditions, but also they've resurfaced between wrangaton and ivybridge, and there's been a lot of accidents on this stretch since (highways agency told me they were investigation the surface and run-off), so I go particularly steady on this bit in the wet.

My issue is road coloured dartmoor ponies - almost took one out a day after getting the vrs. Fortunately Haven't ever hit one myself but seen a few after mouths and thats not a pretty sight for any party.

Yes there seems to be road works everywhere with hardly anyone working on them, what an absolute mess the road nextwork has become in the last 5 years, road markings and surfaces left in the worst state I have seen since I stated drving 30 years ago, endless road works projects stated with little progress on them. 

I use to have to travel the A38 Plymouth to Exeter every day to work at the Department of Transport South West Regional Office at Exeter and know those roads intimately and it is a shame to see our road network in such as state and it is only that cars are mush safer that the deaths and injuries have continued to decline.

It is even worse on the motorcycle than the car as it is more sensitive to the road condition. Hopefully better road investment coming soon before more suffer.