Ticking noise from under dashboard.

Hi,

Just developed a fast ticking noise from under the passenger side dashboard.

It stops when I turn off the blower so I assume there is something wrong with it.

Anyone else had this problem.

It doesn't do it all of the time but most of the time.

Driving me nuts !

The car is under warranty.

Eastwood Cars.....right up your street !

Yeah, I thought it might be that. I only changed it a couple of weeks back. Took it out today and it seems as clear as a bell [emoji106]

Eastwood Cars.....right up your street !

Could be the air conditioning/heating/cooling system flaps flipping between their stops. A well-known problem which you can search on the forum. I've tried to fix it but have become reconciled to it happening every now ant then.

• 6 years later...

Guys,

Any update to this issue?

I have this on my 2011 Octavia and the noise is getting more noticeable.

I'm worried that:

• A: If it's electrical then something will short out at the worst possible time and leave me with no ventilation (fogged windows etc.).
  • B: It''s mechanical then something will break at the worst possible time and leave me with no ventilation (fogged windows etc.).

I tried the reset method mentioned in this post to no avail.

My VCDS reports no issues, both when cold (no noise) and when warmed up (ticking like Billy-o).

Only happens at tickover (a quick blip of the throttle removes the noise temporarily till the revs die down).

• 1 year later...

Have the same problem. Suddenly developed last week 

As we were near the car to get in (already unlocked) a chap unlocked his MG about two cars away. All of our windows dropped down and when we got in we had a loud fast ticking noise centreing on the drivers door pillow. Raised the windows back up, started the car...ticking still there and continued whilst driving. After about a hour we stopped, locked the car and when we returned after 30 minutes the ticking had stopped.

Now happens most days.

Had a service only two days ago and now the ticking has started again.

Never had this problem so this is guesswork. As you mentioned it started when the windows dropped down, try resetting the end positions of the windows that enables the single press to open or close. 

The handbook will tell you how and usually you have to hold the open button until the window is right down and and don't let go for a further 5 seconds. Now do the same with the up button.

The ticking could also be the anti-finger-trap trying to raise the window further, particular if it  sometimes seems to be slow to raise due to dirt in the felt glass guides.