Super unleaded.

Hi just a quick one as I'm at work and

not really meant to be on here and not got time to search .

Can I run my y plate 1.4 mpi on super unleaded or similar

Thanks.

There is no need to use super unleaded the ordinary unleaded is fine its a old engine designed to run on low grade fuel.

There is no need to use super unleaded the ordinary unleaded is fine its a old engine designed to run on low grade fuel.

The 16v 1.4 (I know the OP doesn't have this) is also an old engine and does run far better on Super Unleaded IMO.

Mine has 100,000 miles on it and the difference is noticable.

A 1.4 non-turbo won't benefit at all from more octane, (super unleaded). It will must make you a little lighter in your back pocket!

In saying that, wasn't the 1.4 16v designed to run on Super? I know the 1.4 TSI engines (in the mk2 vRS) was.

• Like 1

My 1.4 16v won't run properly on anything other than super plus and it has no turbo, but it would be a waste of money on an MPI due to it being a 50 year old engine design from the cold war era which had to run on really poor quality fuel.

• Like 2

Every petrol engined car I've owned have all ran better on super unleaded,try a couple of tanks full and if no worth while improvement go back to 95 RON :)

Once filled my NC30 up with super unleaded, ran like a bag of crap! I thought the bike was broken till tank was empty and I filled it back up again on normal petrol.