3k miles in and a few questions

Hi all

I got my black 170 DSG L&K Estate at the end of May and so far i'm very happy however I've got a few observations and questions! I'm hoping someone can answer them for me!

Automatic boot - How do i stop the warning beeping noise? i'm sure the people on my street don't appreciate it going off at 5.45am!

Central locking with fob - How do i stop the chirping noise?! It sounds like a central locking system from the 80s!

The climatic control has 2 LED lights for the Air Con, i can press the button twice and on the screen it will say AC on and again AC on... whats the difference?!

So far the car has been great, i'm so happy to see the back of the nissan qashqai (worst car i have ever owned). Im getting over 43mpg an finally seem to have the seat set comfortably (an almost impossible task).

I've noticed a few small problems, has anyone else had these?

• creaking / knocking from the panoramic sunroof
  • memory seats - sometimes when going back to say setting 1, only one section of the eat will move, for example the base but not the back section or the lumbar.
  • DAB... at times it will lose reception, but even when reception comes back it will stay locked into the tinny / washed out sounding mode
  • park assist WILL curb your alloys so always keep an eye out
  • TV - at time all channels have vanished and then all of a sudden come back again
  • Parking sensors can be very very slow to react at times - sometimes they seem to almost crash and don't turn off at all meaning the music stops and i have to turn the car on and off again

Im thinking maybe there is an update for the stereo that will fix some of the problems above?

One major problem

the 'upgraded speakers' are terrible. Absolutely awful. I like to listen to music quite loud (if i had not of gone for the L&K i would have paid for an upgraded stereo / speakers) but these speakers are unable to cope with about 70% of music without some serious distortion or the door cards vibrating. In lots of ways this car rivals more expensive brands but skoda need to change this in future models!

I'm shocked the start stop disengages the amplifier causing a noticeable change in sound and volume, there should have been a smaller second battery installed in the car to stop this - i do a 2 hour journey to work and have to turn off start stop as the music being quiet / loud / constant dropping in audio quality drives me mad.

well it sounds like a big moan but really the audio is the only thing i would have hit the roof about (had i bought the car and not got it through work). Overall its brilliant. 

Nice move from the Nissan!  When you say 'chirping' noise is that a bleep that it makes - do you have an alarm fitted?  I don't have an estate so can't comment on the auto boot and roof however overall it sounds like a return trip to the dealer is called for with those issues.  The memory seats should reset to whatever position was stored - height, lumbar distance etc so that doesn't sound right.  I have the opposite with the sensors and I find them overly sensitive at times.

The speakers can cause some vibration on the door cards alright but I find the sound great.

• park assist WILL curb your alloys so always keep an eye out

+1 The Skoda kerbed my Alloys on the first try.  

Unfortunately I have the base (Ambition) model in Australia where the mirrors don't dip to show you the kerb, so it's almost impossible to see that you're going to hit.

The alarm chirp can be turned off in Maxidot, look for the option "ATA Confirm" and untick it.

The beep for the tailgate can only be disabled with VCDS, the dealer cannot do this as its considered a safety feature. You could always open/close  the tailgate manually and it will not beep.

There are two AC settings, the second one uses a faster fan speed than the first. in the UK it will make little difference (apart from more noise) but in hotter climates the second speed is a must.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip about "ATA confirm" Mannyo!  I've had my Superb Combi for 5 months now and thought that the annoying blip on locking and unlocking was a permanent feature of the car. 

I found this set of instructions for the creaking sunroof today, so haven't tried it: http://uberlame.com/a6_tsb/Interior%20Noises/Noises%20from%20sunroof%202022733-2.pdf 

Often opening the roof one click and closing it again will silence it for a while, but Gummi Pflege rubber preserver on the seals isn't enough to do the job on it's own as I've tried that already.

For the memory seats you may have to hold down the preset button for it to move completely to the right setting. This is presumably a safety thing as if the seat setting is wrong and ends up trying to crush you against the wheel, taking your finger off the button will stop it before it does any harm... 

Edited by psycholist