Citigo real world MPG

mhlikescars

Again thanks for the advice. 

I didn't think the Citigo had cruise contol, can't see it on the options or the images, I seem to remember it's on the indicator stalk on VAG products. 

As for the IAM idea I think my local council is doing free IAM courses at the moment, I have to provide the car so if I get it I might do that. 

cruise control comes with the convenience pack for around £300.

Includes rear parking sensors and trip computer.

My car is used in mixed conditions with a lot of short journeys. I don't go berserk, but I don't like to hang around either. I have averaged around 52 mpg over the car's first 7,000 miles.

The MPG seems fine to me now, not sure why I believed 40MPG would be correct. As long as I get over 50 I'm happy. 

Doesn't the PID that I'm led to believe comes standard on the elegance trim have a trip computer built in? I wouldn't need cruise control, I'd very rarely, maybe even never go on the motorway. I also doubt that I'd need parking sensors on such a small car. 

You are correct, PID comes with the Elegance model. The various screens you can get includes a trip screen which shows it in this link below

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-PID-Personal-Infotainment-Device-Sat-Nav-VW-Maps-More-Seat-/321454383670?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item4ad82ca236

Absolutely nothing to do with me (the link, just an example), just shows the various screens you get + sat nav of course.

Really does look like a really nice simple system to use.

Do you know if I connect my phone via Bluetooth and play music on Spotify or Youtube will it play the same way as the music player? Not sure if that question makes sense or not. I can ask in the dealer when I go. 

Really does look like a really nice simple system to use.

Do you know if I connect my phone via Bluetooth and play music on Spotify or Youtube will it play the same way as the music player? Not sure if that question makes sense or not. I can ask in the dealer when I go. 

Now you're getting too technical for me to answer that. I stick my tunes on the SD card in the PID and play from there.

Sure someone else can answer your questions

Edited by MickA

I did wonder if that was a bit technical. I assume I can and I'm sure I will be able to with the USB. I didn't even know it had an SD slot.

These modern little cars seem to have loads of kit, pretty much every car I've been looking at has some sort of touch screen infotainment system.

Yes. definitely. I have used Spotify and regularly use other streaming services and they all work really well. The PID media display even allows you to skip tracks. I use my phone to play BBC 5 Live through the PID so I get decent quality audio rather than the broadcast AM offering. I love podcasts and before I set out I create a playlist of the podcasts I want to listen to and it all works beautifully. No need for DAB!

• Like 2

My journey home from work where I got stuck in a few miles of 50mph roadworks.

Edit. Don't think the photo has attached via my phone. But averaged 71mpg over 22 miles.

• Like 1

Had a look at the Citigo, and their demonstrator was quite a basic one, luckily the dealership is the same building as Seat and their Mii had the PID in, which my dad took off it's stand and couldn't get it back on and then said "they're so boring" as loud as he could without shouting, then made me look at the cool looking Fabia Monte Carlo, even though I said it was too expensive. We also went into Citroen/Peugeot later and looked at the 208, a really nice car, shame my dad turned the speakers up really loud, everyone turned around. 
He didn't do this when he went to look at new cars for himself later in the day.

Anyway, I liked the Citigo very much, a bit cheap inside but that's expected. Everything seemed easy to use, sound system was good, the demonstrator had the extra speakers, something I'd have to have. As I'm not quite in the position to buy all I did was ask questions and get brochures. 

Went back to VW to look at the Polo, not the Up! as it's not good value compared to rivals, the Polo however is. This time they actually acknowledged me, my dad making snoring noises last time probably didn't help.
I now very much like the Polo, though I haven't driven anything yet so it could all still change. The Polo has a low deposit as well, with my dad offering to pay it that is very important. 

It has been useful having him there as he's been asking the sensible question regarding servicing and other dull matters that I don't think to ask about. I've been asking what sort of equipment I get. 

Yes. definitely. I have used Spotify and regularly use other streaming services and they all work really well. The PID media display even allows you to skip tracks. I use my phone to play BBC 5 Live through the PID so I get decent quality audio rather than the broadcast AM offering. I love podcasts and before I set out I create a playlist of the podcasts I want to listen to and it all works beautifully. No need for DAB!

same here, it's actually a very good little piece of kit. Ok maybe sometimes a bit slow to respond but overall very good. It will play anything i.e. YouTube etc (though only sound)

Former IAM (and RoADA) trainer here. I drive smoothly and economically and regularly see over 60mpg on the PID, but my Fuelly average is 54.

City driving is more like mid 40s. This is with the 75 PS non-BMT Up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think that Fuelly is an American site and probably uses US gallons.

M.

I think that Fuelly is an American site and probably uses US gallons.

M.

you can pick either US GALs or Imperial (the correct) GALs......if I remember correctly from the set up.