Bluespark review. happy!

I have put it on setting 5 and i can see a difference again to the setting 4 i had on the dyno run. I think as you say newbie69 expect maybe in the region of 200bhp. All i know is that im happy with the power and in a car this size is very nippy. All i need to sort now is the handling because if its not a straight bit of road may aswel be in a 1litre fiesta or id end in a field

• Like 1

Did they tell you why your torque curve has such a significant dip at circa 3100 rpm?

Supercharger to Turbocharger handover exaggerated by the map.

It's interesting to see this appears somewhere on most cars, but CAVE to CTHE it happens 1k rpm later and remap vs tuning box shows different points of this happening also.

My theory is that it is indeed connected with turbo and blower working together. The dip occurs when max boost should be appearing and is not present AT ALL in stock motors. I think this is due to the fact of max boost being reachd and overboost safety kicks in dramatically, bypass valve is activated as well as blower bypass flap opens. Boost momentarily drops steeply but as soon as turbo bypass valve closes again (turbo is spinning at the same speed as it does not alter the turbine side just the compressor side is affected ) boost pressure raisesback up very quickly. Good map sgould be able to tweak this out. At that point blower and turbo are good for 2.5bar (absolute) if I remember VAG literature correctly. Theoretically they are capable of delivering 2.75 bar absolute but engine never sees that of course - blower produces 1.75 bar at 17,500 rpm (that's idle speed) and turbo gives 2.0bar @ 3krpm and plateaus. Interesting thing is that when you say at 2krpm cruising and you boot it blower's clutch engages and holds to 2.75k rpm approx where turbo takes over. Supercharger's function is principally to "push" the turbo at low revs and supplement it when accelerator is stabbed.

On paper stock hardware is capable of quite a lot of boost...

More proof that black on black looks very good on this wee car.

Cheers bud. Realy hard to keep clean.. no sooner have i washed it and give it a little polish its covered in dust again. It needs a good machine polish as close up you can see swirls in the paint work. One previous owner who was an older woman. Dont think it was polished when she had it probably put in through a car wash :-/

^^ Cannot agree more! Detailing gets really frustrating bordering on pointless I am affraid...

Should have gone for a silver one - but then again black ones are always the fastest cars :D

Haha. Black cars look lovely when polished up. I was on the look out for a blue one but came across this one and was quite local. I had a nihghthawlk black type r years ago when they came out and i was forever cleaning that too. The type r i traded in for this vrs was silver and a doddle to keep nice. Ive noticed a couple stone chips on front bumper think they stand out simply because of the colour..

Hi

Received my BLUESPARK  Box today. Fantastic service . Couldn't wait to fit it, BUT... I can't identify the MAP & BOOST plugs & sockets in my engine. The layout of the supplied diagram seems different to my engine, & being a photocopy isn't all that clear anyway.

If any member who has fitted one to a vRS CTHE engine can maybe post some better instructions or even some pics, I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks Del

• 2 months later...

Think I might get one for the mine then

shameless plug, 

Mine will be up for sale next month, if you can wait till around the 20th, you can have mine off me cheap..

i got mine for £125 so there are savings to be had on top of this due to the fact i got it so cheaply when they had a deal on...

shameless plug, 

Mine will be up for sale next month, if you can wait till around the 20th, you can have mine off me cheap..

i got mine for £125 so there are savings to be had on top of this due to the fact i got it so cheaply when they had a deal on...

Any reason why you selling. Remap...?

Any reason why you selling. Remap...?

Im now working in romania full time, instead of my monthly rotation of 1 on 1 off, so will not be in the uk for more than a couple of weeks of the year, just makes sense to sell the car, instead of keeping it when it wont get any use at all :/

no reason other than that, I will be getting a car over here to make it a bit easier for me and my girlfriend to get around, tempted by a Gen 1 Cooper S.

shameless plug, 

Well i have a oct VRS petrol so will it fit lol?

if so then yeah very interested :)