Trouble replacing a fuel filter

So i've been trying to change the fuel filter in my vrs for a while now but to no avail. I manage to get one of the fuel pipes off but the other one is just welded. No matter how hard i pull and fiddle around i cant get it off. I've tried heating it up but that doesnt work either. 

Anyone know any 'cheats' on how to get them off??

Thanks

Usually the round serrated cut-outs on ordinary pliers can be used to grip and twist the pipe to 'break' the seal between pipe and filter outlet. Then it should pull off.

Alternatively, only if you have sufficient length of pipe, cut the plastic pipe just short of the filter, fit new filter and refit plastic pipe with new clip.

One tip not to worry about breaking the clips that secure the pipes in place, cut them off if needs be, you can easily get jubilee clips to replace them very cheap, having removed the clips, enough brought force will eventually pre-vale, set of pliers should provide all the aids you need.

Diesel's actually pretty hard to get alight: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma9w1P6sKj8

When you pour it on the floor at room temperature that is true, however heat it up to it's flashpoint (50C) with a blow torch and it will light almost as easily as petrol!

I would still be cautious with applying heat to diesel fuel lines.   

One tip not to worry about breaking the clips that secure the pipes in place, cut them off if needs be, you can easily get jubilee clips to replace them very cheap, having removed the clips, enough brought force will eventually pre-vale, set of pliers should provide all the aids you need.

The very first time my vRS was serviced from new, I noticed that the neat clips had been replaced with slightly unsightly (!) jubilee clips, and it stayed like that for the next 100k miles without any problems.

Usually the round serrated cut-outs on ordinary pliers can be used to grip and twist the pipe to 'break' the seal between pipe and filter outlet. Then it should pull off.

Alternatively, only if you have sufficient length of pipe, cut the plastic pipe just short of the filter, fit new filter and refit plastic pipe with new clip.

yeah i may have to cut it off if i'm honest now! its so frustating as ive done it before and it was much much easier!