Krystal Kleen & LiquidElements products

samuir1974

They are bringing out EcoShield, a ceramic coating, later this week hopefully.

What is the hardness of 8.5H? And how does that compare to other ceramic coatings?

They seem to be launching a few new products for 2015 - which is good to see.

If you follow them closely on FB and other detailing forums - there should be some launch offers/discounts available.

Failing that - we do have the Briskoda 10% discount code :thumbup:

• Like 1

Ceramic coatings vary from 7.5H to 9H.

Is 9H the hardest / strongest?

How much better is this than 7.5H then?

Are these sort of coatings worth putting on?

The shield-type technologies sounds great and offer much; but - personally, i'm always concerned by the "curing" regime required to guarantee the durability on some of them.

That said, i'm still a little old school and enjoy the variation of results/finishes by using a wax. :thumbup:

• Like 1

The higher the number the harder it is, but you are probably splitting hairs. Prep on coatings is vital to make sure of bonding, some need heat/UV lighting, some are pro use only to make sure the guarantee is in place.

If you are considering getting one I'd do some research on application of the product & what health & safety is required as some require face masks etc

• Like 1

The higher the number the harder it is, but you are probably splitting hairs. Prep on coatings is vital to make sure of bonding, some need heat/UV lighting, some are pro use only to make sure the guarantee is in place.

If you are considering getting one I'd do some research on application of the product & what health & safety is required as some require face masks etc

Will do the research - this one said low VOC, so I guess less of a health / environment risk than some other ones. I've also been put off by the preparation and application technique required on some as I don't think my skills are up to the level required for their products.

Will do the research - this one said low VOC, so I guess less of a health / environment risk than some other ones. I've also been put off by the preparation and application technique required on some as I don't think my skills are up to the level required for their products.

Low VOC is good, I'm sure you would be fine with preparation. Like most things spend a good amount of time on the prep work.

A new coating to the market is SiRamik which Dooka stocks & sells. This looks a very good product & from what I have heard it would be an easy product to use, with very good results & durability is expected to be circa 3 years.

• Like 1

Low VOC is good, I'm sure you would be fine with preparation. Like most things spend a good amount of time on the prep work.

A new coating to the market is SiRamik which Dooka stocks & sells. This looks a very good product & from what I have heard it would be an easy product to use, with very good results & durability is expected to be circa 3 years.

Good shout NM - a very good friend of mine has just had SiRamik applied to their brand new car.... they are very happy with the results! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Used KK Iron Rain on some alloys both baked on brake dust at the weekend, they came up a treat, impressive stuff.

I have been impressed with all the KKD products i have tested to date.

Finished my Tutti Frutti Blizzard Snow foam yesterday in fact.

Currently got Tyresol on order...

I have been impressed with all the KKD products i have tested to date.

Finished my Tutti Frutti Blizzard Snow foam yesterday in fact.

Currently got Tyresol on order...

I tried Blizzard after buying a sample on DW. It's all I buy now. Brought 3 x 1 litre bottles of each at xmas. only used half of 1 bottle so far.

Great thick foam that removes alot of dirt

Sent from my Galaxy S5

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Received this today from KKD.... hope to give it a test tomorrow...

8F02B797-7CCD-43D6-8D0C-32C46A346FEB_zps

Finally got to the chance to work through some samples during the weekends detailing......

All in all - tested out Tyresol, Definitive Pro Edition, Adam's Shampoo, Auto Perfection Clarity QD :)

Quite impressed with Tyresol; it takes really well to untreated rubber/plastic and leaves a deep black finish.

On my tyres - which are regularly treated - it was a breeze.... I think i'll stick with this for a while.

Only comment - on the untreated tyre; it did seem to need quite generous application - but no sling reported.

I will monitor this on my car going forward... but as expected - another great product from KKD! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Received this today from KKD.... hope to give it a test tomorrow...

8F02B797-7CCD-43D6-8D0C-32C46A346FEB_zps

Been out in the R36 tonight catching up with a couple of mates from the R36Owners forum.

Both commented on the superb tyre and black trim finish achieved using Tyresol!

Good to see others notice the results from a great product - thanks KKD.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys - just to let you know; Marc Linekar has kindly set up a dedicated page for his Group Buy offers through the detailing season. :thumbup:

The link to the website is below.... should anyone be interested:-

http://liquidelementsuk.co.uk/collections/group-buys

Best Regards,
Ste.

• Like 2