Intake Options

What's out there?

I know Sy relocated his battery for a much better solution from VW Racing but I don't really want to move it. What have people gone for that makes a noticeable improvement?

What's out there?

I know Sy relocated his battery for a much better solution from VW Racing but I don't really want to move it. What have people gone for that makes a noticeable improvement?

The only options I know of are the ITG maxogen or the way Sy did it. While I'm sure the maxogen is good, I personally would prefer an intake that took air from where the stock intake gets it from, and not just hanging down by the side of the battery in front of the light.

But, on top of buying the VWR intake you have to buy a smaller battery really I think to get it to fit which is another cost!

VWR do a panel filter to replace the stock one, but that's £88. Which seems incredible to me!

• Like 1

I've got a forge induction kit on mine but I am going to get a smaller lighter battery and have the filter at the size of the engine like on the Polo gti. Plus hopefully chop up the intake because it looks like a brick wall on the inside

Do these things not just suck in more hot air from the engine bay?

I've only ever had them on n/a cars before and apart from the noise they were a bit pants tbh. I've never had a boosted car before so pardon my ignorance :)

Ant-Vrs,

Easy to go to the Smaller Lighter Battery as 'vRSy' did,

but not difficult to have the Battery in the Boot instead, as in the Polo GTI,

& also the weights off the rear crash bar.

re Intake Options for the MK2 vRS,

At least 6 other threads on the Subject over the last 4 years, links pictures etc all there for anyone that cares to search or google.

george

Edited by goneoffSKi

The only options I know of are the ITG maxogen or the way Sy did it. While I'm sure the maxogen is good, I personally would prefer an intake that took air from where the stock intake gets it from, and not just hanging down by the side of the battery in front of the light.

But, on top of buying the VWR intake you have to buy a smaller battery really I think to get it to fit which is another cost!

VWR do a panel filter to replace the stock one, but that's £88. Which seems incredible to me!

Yeah that's exactly what puts me off. I had a good look today and don't understand how it's better with the pipe just sitting behind the light. I agree that £88 for a panel filter is bonkers

I want an option that makes the Supercharger louder...  :thumbup:

I did read a while back that there's lots of sound deadening around the charger but I've never had a good look. I think Tech1e (Ross) took it off the Bocanegra he had but I have no idea if there would be any adverse effects. Is it protecting it from the elements?

A member here just recently went about the job to do away with the Sound Deadening.

Pity he had issues with access getting everything back together,

but surely it is easy enough with a bit of skill and the right tools.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Ant-Vrs,

Easy to go to the Smaller Lighter Battery as 'vRSy' did,

but not difficult to have the Battery in the Boot instead, as in the Polo GTI,

& also the weights off the rear crash bar.

re Intake Options for the MK2 vRS,

At least 6 other threads on the Subject over the last 4 years, links pictures etc all there for anyone that cares to search or google.

george

it'll be very hard for me to put the battery in the boot as the boot install is in there for the airride

Yeah that's exactly what puts me off. I had a good look today and don't understand how it's better with the pipe just sitting behind the light. I agree that £88 for a panel filter is bonkers

It does seem odd! But if you look at the stock setup, the slam panel is mega restrictive too?

Ideal setup for me would be to run a feed from the slam panel to the inlet for my ITG.

It does seem odd! But if you look at the stock setup, the slam panel is mega restrictive too?

Ideal setup for me would be to run a feed from the slam panel to the inlet for my ITG.

I noticed that too. The pipe is more direct but doesn't really go anywhere.

I wonder if it is restrictive or not? One would have to take the whole thing apart and measure cross-sections to see if there restrictions. If no one cross-section is smaller than the pipe diameter then no restrictions really.

I agree, it does look like the stock intake could have been made a bit better, but my only reasoning on that is I'd hope/presume Skoda put it in the best place possible? Most modern cars take it from the front slam panel don't they?

It would be interesting to do some kind of test between a car with a stock and a car with an upgraded intake taking air from the same place.

I've got a forge induction kit on mine but I am going to get a smaller lighter battery and have the filter at the size of the engine like on the Polo gti. Plus hopefully chop up the intake because it looks like a brick wall on the inside

Get rid of the Forge, I had it prior to upgrading it to the VWR intake.

The car actually m,ade more power at stage 1 with the stock intake than it did with the Forge intake, so essentially the Forge is worse than stock lol. 

• Like 2

Get rid of the Forge, I had it prior to upgrading it to the VWR intake.

The car actually m,ade more power at stage 1 with the stock intake than it did with the Forge intake, so essentially the Forge is worse than stock lol.

hmm I don't know what to do then. I might look at the vwr one then plus what battery did you have Edited by Ant-Vrs

Another option that may help is to mod the front grill to free up air into the intake below the slam pannel I did this to mine it only took about 10-20 mins and was completely unnoticeable.

Mine with the baffles removed

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/203496-monte-carlo-grill-mod-fitted/?p=2976149

Standard with Baffles

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/203496-monte-carlo-grill-mod-fitted/?p=3748660