Whats the deal with Nankang tyres?

Hi all,

Looking for a set of tyres to go on my TT Comps but dont want to break the bank. The car isnt raced and doesnt need anything stupidly expensive on it.

People seem to be going mad for Nankang tyres recently and I have seen them going on a lot of cars, are they good for the price? as they are a hell of a lot cheaper than most brands and are more well known than most budgets.

Any help or advice on them or any other cheap tyres will be helpful :)

Regards,

Jack M

Falken tyres are more likely what I would go for with 

a tight budget. Then you get a mid spec tyre. 

Nangkang just sounds like too much of a low rent budget brand to me.

It sounds like a cheap chinese made 125 motorcycle manufacturer

who sells poor copies of jap bikes..

• Like 1

I've got them on the rear of mine, they came fitted to the wheels I bought so used them. To be honest I can't complain about them, even used them on track.

I use nankang sv winter tyres on SWMBO's Beetle and found them just as good as the Goodyear ultra grip 8's in snow and ice. Even hill starts in snow/ice was no problem.

Would I buy them again YES!  

I've used them and they're perfectly serviceable for the price you pay, people who laugh are brand tarts, they don't do anything well and they don't do anything badly, they're just a tyre not the gateway to a new level of driving ability or for those who must have 'the best'.

They are black and go around in circles

What more if you want :)

May not be the best on 'noise rating' or fuel efficiency, but that isn't really much of a problem is it, I would go for a pair if they were cheap enough.

See how they fair, if you've ruined them in a couple of months, don't buy them again (Y)

JRJG

Guest BigJase88

They are pretty crud to be fair

The nankang ns-2 design has been on the go for donkeys years.

Id much rather pay a little extra for a bit of grip.

I usually go mid-range....

Kumho

Falkens

Toyo's

Only used them once,and they were a better tyre than the Kumhos we had fitted before without a doubt.

These were 195/45 16's on a Corsa Sri CDTI,they gave a more comfortable ride,wore better and gave as much grip.

Everyone buys nankangs because they stretch well on wide wheels, haven't tried them myself but if I was to get them it would be the NS2-R's, been getting very very good ratings but they'll be out of you're price range if you don't want to break the bank.