Rainworth Skoda say there is no recall for the Octavia?

I understood from the forums that there was a recall for the Octavia III regarding the cruise control and trip computer, yet when I booked my vRS into Rainworth for it's service they claimed to have no knowledge of it...

Was it a mistake here (or just intended for certain models) or are Rainworth simply not on the ball?

They will be correct, there will not be a 'Recall'.  there will be no arrangement and Recall with VOSA to get contact details to contact Registered Keepers.

It is not on the 'VOSA Recall' site.

http://dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls

Skoda and the VWG call them 'Service Campaigns', and Skoda UK talk of Field Actions'.

*You had best go back, get the Dealership to put in your Registration Number or VIN and see is there any 

outstanding 'Service Campaign Actions' required on your vehicle.*

It is actually 'Secret Service Campaigns', where many owners never get to hear about them,

and Dealers do not go out of their way to tell people, & Skoda UK like no publicity on Service Campaigns, not puting them

on their 'Good News Only, Skoda UK Websites and no VIN Checkers.

Unlike Skoda NZ..  It seems easy enough to inform Owners of things their vehicle might require.

eg

http://skoda.co.nz/news/dsg-service-campaign

It is why their Ratings in the Surveys they liked being so high in has them dropping,

Reliability & Customers Services being exposed for what it is, Second Rate.

george

Edited by goneoffSKi

I understood from the forums that there was a recall for the Octavia III regarding the cruise control and trip computer, yet when I booked my vRS into Rainworth for it's service they claimed to have no knowledge of it...

Was it a mistake here (or just intended for certain models) or are Rainworth simply not on the ball?

Its probable that the update only applies to vehicle built within a certain date range (e.g. when a bad batch of cruise control switches were provided by a supplier).

Therefore, the update might not be released for your car.

This thread talks about a Cruise Control Switch & DSG software update (for two separate issues):

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/323356-o3-recall/

I've not heard anything about an update for the trip computer.

If you can, avoid Rainworth like the plague! Im from Rainworth I should know and go all the way to Hortons Lincoln.

Horton's replaced all my coil packs a few months back free of charge without me asking about it (service campaign) apparently

it came up on the screen when the entered the reg Number and mines a 55 plate mk2. I think binkerton shefield are

same group as Rainworth and have heard bad things about them also. Bound to be some people highly rate binkerton

and rainworth but my personal experience of Rainworth is very poor, negligent and untrustworthy.

• Like 1

If you can, avoid Rainworth like the plague! Im from Rainworth I should know and go all the way to Hortons Lincoln.

Horton's replaced all my coil packs a few months back free of charge without me asking about it (service campaign) apparently

it came up on the screen when the entered the reg Number and mines a 55 plate mk2. I think binkerton Chesterfield are

same group as Rainworth and have heard bad things about them also. Bound to be some people highly rate binkerton

and rainworth but my personal experience of Rainworth is very poor, negligent and untrustworthy.

Is that on the service side, or the sales? They must be doing something right due to their turnover..... But I do find myself having a bad feeling which I cant put my finger on.

it came up on the screen when the entered the reg Number and mines a 55 plate mk2. I think binkerton Chesterfield are

That will be Bickertons of Sheffield who are the same group as Rainworth. I live in Sheffield but buy my Skodas in Chesterfield because, up to now, I have found the people at Lambs give better sales and after sales service. I recognise that companies change so I am always looking at other options.

sniperpenguin,  do you mean 'turnover' as in they shift plenty of cars?  

then that is a Sales Team.

What shows more is how many of those are Repeat Customers and satisfied with the Service they receive from the Service Reception Staff and the Workshop Technicians and employees.

You can just ask them sometimes. or, Just Say to them',  

'Your reputation seems to be rather poor, i hope you will treat me and my car well, and i will tell lots of people ,

including those online'.

Praise them where they deserve it, and name and shame where they fall short. IMO.

george

Edited by goneoffSKi

That will be Bickertons of Sheffield who are the same group as Rainworth. I live in Sheffield but buy my Skodas in Chesterfield because, up to now, I have found the people at Lambs give better sales and after sales service. I recognise that companies change so I am always looking at other options.

I also deal only with Gordon lamb. I bought my 1st VRs from rainworth, but never again will they have a 1p of my money. My 2nd, 3rd and 4th VRs came from Gordon lamb, and have nothing but praise for them on sales and after sales.

I even followed the sales manager from Chesterfield to Derby, because of the service he offers, respect he gives me and the common courtesy he treats me with. All of which are lacking at rainworth!

Can't recommend stay as far away from Rainworth as possible. Had two cars from them and both had major issues. One with oil leak and broken front axle stuck together, and one sold to me with a remap on I knew nothing about!! Dodgy dealer indeed.

Edited by WAZZAG

. I recognise that companies change so I am always looking at other options.

I agree things change new people come in and bad apples retire or move on. But what Rainworth did to two my cars was unforgivable and left a very bad taste in the mouth. I vowed to tell as many people as possible to avoid the place firstly to help them avoid having their car damaged and secondly to hopefully get my own back on them for refusing to rectify the damage they had caused.