Camera man & rozzer confrontation.

Mr Ree

I wonder then, if you went around with a big van and blocked the line of sight of the camera van what they could do about it (assuming parked legally). I assume nothing as they are not police officers?

They can't do anything. I was making a delivery a few years back at a row of terraced houses up some steep steps with furniture and the only space was infront of this cameravan as the rest was double yellows. I got out and started unloading, copper climbed out of the van asked me to move, I said I will be done in an hour.....20mins later when I came out he had moved on haha

• Like 3

1. That camera van albeit not parked illegally seemed to had been obstructing traffic movement on that road. Presumably that was too to keep UK roads safe

2. Police car visiting the camera guy illegally joined the traffic by not using indicators in correct way.

3. Who was it here that had his car vandalised numerous times and was unable to have the police come for chat to see what is going on? Yet, when revenue gathering Police activity is interrupted TWO police officers in patrol car found enough time to come and harass and intimidate a citizen without any reason whatsoever.

That Terrorism Act mentioned earlier is a perfect illustration how Police can shamelessly abuse their powers, all within the "law"

• Like 1

Is this so different to a civilian working on the switchboard of a Police station? They are working with Police equipment, doing work for the Police but are not actually Police men/woman.

Is this so different to a civilian working on the switchboard of a Police station? They are working with Police equipment, doing work for the Police but are not actually Police men/woman.

Yes

(IMO)

Edited by Mr Ree

Marked up van in full livery.

Civilians working for rozzers in an unmarked office block on the blowers and admin., out of the sight of general sheeple  is a bit different

Edited by Mr Ree

Well I thought of it like this. I ring up my local Police station and a voice says, "hello Trafford Police station, how can I help?". So I have rung an official police station and spoke to an unknown person who will deal with my Police related matter and at no time am I consciously aware that I am talking to a civilian. To be honest, it doesn't worry me either, but they are using Police equipment and answering a Police DEL and assisting me with my Police matter.

Damn that cameraman is a twit. You want to mess with speed camera operators there are a thousand different ways to do it without being a jerk about it.

Sincerely hope he reported that tbh.

Unbelievably unprofessional, especially as she knew she was being filmed too.

What a complete and utter WAY above her station arse.

Really? Geez, we have some extreme difference in standards then. Edited by DaKKs_152

So many Civilians Employees drive and operate vehicles marked up with Police & Police Force insignia.

Helicopter Pilots, Police Buses or Transporters, Boats, Recovery Trucks, HGV Mobile Incident Trailers etc.

Speed Safety Partnerships Mobile Camera Vans catching Speeders , APR Vans, and Police Camera vans are different things,

but all doing much the same thing, protecting the General Public is the Mission, but some might think revenue raising is the actual reason.

They are usually those likely to be caught Speeding though.

george

Most people caught speeding by such "safety measures" go over speed limit by few miles only, always by accident which leads to logical conclusion that speed camera vans and speed cameras are 100% revenue generating systems, stealth taxation in other words therefore illegal. There is no evidence if speed cameras decreasing accident rates or increasing road safety in any other way whatsoever. Government will do nothing but back it up as it plugs budget holes via illegal taxation of citizens.

• Like 1

I hate speed cameras arrive alive vans ! I'm going to purchase a high powered laser and shine it right in , I'm not really just wish I had the balls to do it ! Might burn a hole in his retina

http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/thinking-tech/laser-rifle-is-latest-us-weapon-against-enemies/

A high wattage green laser on a tripod aimed at the camera's lens should temporarily disable it. The bloke in the van can scratch his head until his hair falls out. The camera wont be of any use to him.

So a good laser will work ?

Well, yes, it should.

Just for the record i dont give a toss of you damage their equipment, i've paintballed/wrapped my fair share of fixed speed cameras. But for the love of God, keep the laser off the operator.

This type of tosh is not even funny IMO. I assume it is an attempt at humour.

You will be wanting to blind Pilots next.

george

Humour attempted but epic fail once more, why would I want to flash light into a pilots eyes ? He hasn't done me for speeding ! Edited by seboni121

A high wattage green laser on a tripod aimed at the camera's lens should temporarily disable it. The bloke in the van can scratch his head until his hair falls out. The camera wont be of any use to him.

A very NOT! good idea. Just the ticket to blind people recklessly. 'Cos that's what it'll be unless you can build the rig to stabilise and aim it.

A colleague of little Bro has had eye surgery because of some "tykes" who decided to play with a laser bought off Chinese eBay. Sight still isn't right and won't be until/unless stem cell or similar becomes routine.