Map sorted?

Just having a proper look at your thread, what size disc's are you running with the Taroc 6-pots,323mm?

Gauges look very fimiliar ;)

One thing about the oil temp sender though, you won't be getting a true reading of oil temp as the sender is not in the oil flow or sump.

Down a dead end is fine for a pressure sender, but not a temp sender :)

they aint reading nothing atm as they aint plugged in at all! lol 

todays visit to jabba was cool..     

20150225_182919.jpg

20150225_182942.jpg

got the fab 2 set up on mine in the week also..  

20150223_184958.jpg

10690231_830969116974116_188835896227393

hope she behaves her self friday for brands :) 

• Like 4

small update..    i just spent £200 on a brand new vac/boost controller box and holy moley!!!     what a difference!     i need to get this back on the rollers!  

0 surging!     love it! 

downside..   much torque, need to protect DMF at 90mph in 6th as i get torque judder if i just floor it!  LOL     love it!    tomorrow will deffo be interesting!  

• Like 1

yeh i had a smf but it was gash, rattly, creapy..    rubbish for sitting in traffic.   I got a sach DMF and sintered paddle clutch.  which is also rubbish for sitting in traffic.. lol     but no noise or creeping.   

To be fair, it was ok till my Engine ran away :(   gutted it happened a few weeks after fitting it.  ahh well..   

small update..    i just spent £200 on a brand new vac/boost controller box and holy moley!!!     what a difference!     i need to get this back on the rollers!  

0 surging!     love it! 

downside..   much torque, need to protect DMF at 90mph in 6th as i get torque judder if i just floor it!  LOL     love it!    tomorrow will deffo be interesting!  

Didn't Jabba pick up it was knackered yesterday? 

Didn't Jabba pick up it was knackered yesterday? 

yes Kevin picked it up and gave me his 1 off his car so i went home with smiles...  we could not source 1 in jabbas area.      i got a new 1 today and its an even bigger improvment than the 1 that was lent to me. .. ..

interesting about the clutch..  i did no know that.     :)     

I sense the balance of Daily Drive / Toy swinging towards the latter... :D

your fault :p

or maybe not....

• Like 2

yes Kevin picked it up and gave me his 1 off his car so i went home with smiles...  we could not source 1 in jabbas area.      i got a new 1 today and its an even bigger improvment than the 1 that was lent to me. .. ..

interesting about the clutch..  i did no know that.     :)

Ah right tidy.

What were the symptoms of the box being knackered,or did it log a fault on VCDS?

mine was not grabbing the boost so it was over boosting..  had 3bar at 1 point!! 

lower down boost was a little wierd.. cant explain it, it would boost but not go no where..   

here you can see logs before..      blue was 1st/2nd gear boost behaviour,  orange was 3rd and above (4th in this case) this is more "normal" behaviour.   as you can see...  1st and 2nd  or lower down was very flat and skitty..    

image001.png

once there was boost in a higher progressive rev range it was ok,  but un until then it was just poo! 

and...  as its a new page   new pic!!

11010965_832433780160983_314672443275859

i aint detailed it yet so i cheated!  lol

• Like 2

Gee- you use Fabia 2 settings for the alignment? What's the thinking behind this? Need to get my alignment done after some similar suspension work.

BTW I took the wishbone off the ball joint, pivoted it down, then could undo the track rod with a big adjustable - easy peasy!

• Like 1

to be honest..  i found out by accident.  i had the alignment done and a fellow brisky noticed it had fab 2 set up on it.  research shows this is quite acceptable on modified mk1s. 

the place that set it up said he will do it different to standard set up to compliment the mods so this must be it.  im not gonna lie..    the car handles likes its on rails.     ill let you know tomorrow as im going brands hatch, if it ends in tears...  its no good! haha

does feel alot more "solid" "stable" and locked to the road.   :)

• Like 1