The West Meon Hut #19

@Lee

The 9" netbook lives! Just got to spend 15 hours letting windows update fill the hardrive up now. Initial install was 10GB, so far 4GB of updates, and the SSD I got is only 16GB :/

Still, once it's done I'll have a very slick VCDS solution for only £30! Plus the cost of the cable of course.

y5yveba5.jpg

EDIT: Seems my joke of 15 hours was pretty accurate, started 11am, finished 2am! Image quality apparently was not on my iPhones mind today! Anyway, very pleased, will see you all soon!

6umyja4e.jpg

Just another 30 hours to figure out how to use the software then ! If Mushtafa can't figure it out I just go over to see The Phirm @ Hartley Wintney but, thats just me being lazy I guess.

Be good to see all you guys again and meet some new faces too, only a fortnight now !

• Like 3

Ummmmm.... Well at least you finally are bring something with four cylinders, WTF was wrong with an Octy ?

The problem with an Octy is simple........... Only has 5 seats..... With my parents now ageing its likey my dad will stop driving, so we can still take them out and about with us all in the one Car.

Plus the better half wants a car with 3 individual seats in the middle Row.

Why did Skoda never do a 7 seater?  we have the VW Touran / Sharran and the SEAT Alahambra....... :dull:

• Like 1

Hi Jerry, I don't suppose you could offer any advice on this topic:

http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=154134

See the two imbedded videos. They aren't the best but just to demonstrate the sound.

Apologies guys as I know this is off topic and non Skoda related. I just thought as Jerry is a fellow MX-5 owner he may be able to tell me if the noise mine is making is correct...

Still no closer to resolution. They replaced the clutch release bearing at the time of the last meet (hence Daewoo) and this didn't help. I can't believe the dealers are just completely clueless but then what more should anyone expect. They admitted it wasn't correct when they replaced the bearing. Then when I said its still the same they said it was a characteristic of the car. Then paid an independent assessor to take a look. The engineer who came out on Friday 19th said it didn't seem right in his opinion. They carried out a test with another one last Friday 26th but I haven't heard back yet from Magna Mazda. Shocking garage to deal with when it comes to service and aftersales.

See you all next week.

Edited by austenw90
  • Like 2

Hi Jerry, I don't suppose you could offer any advice on this topic: http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=154134

See the two imbedded videos. They aren't the best but just to demonstrate the sound.

Apologies guys as I know this is off topic and non Skoda related. I just thought as Jerry is a fellow MX-5 owner he may be able to tell me if the noise mine is making is correct...

Still no closer to resolution. They replaced the clutch release bearing at the time of the last meet (hence Daewoo) and this didn't help. I can't believe the dealers are just completely clueless but then what more should anyone expect. They admitted it wasn't correct when they replaced the bearing. Then when I said its still the same they said it was a characteristic of the car. Then paid an independent assessor to take a look. The engineer who came out on Friday 19th said it didn't seem right in his opinion. They carried out a test with another one last Friday 26th but I haven't heard back yet from Magna Mazda. Shocking garage to deal with when it comes to service and aftersales.

See you all next week.

Really hope you get somewhere with it mate. :(

• Like 1

Really hope you get somewhere with it mate. :(

Cheers.

I'm contemplating going back to my Fiat / Alfa roots next. Never had an issue with the two I had in 100,000 miles. It's just a shame the Fiat line up is so poor right now.

Hope all is well with you?

I'd also like to point out that I won't be in the rubbish fiat, as my car is fine. It's a courtesy car my housemate is using.

Looking forward to finding out what Simons new steed is.

And showing off my new noise maker.

I'm in, but in the S1 not the vRS - sorry!

Mrs didn't want to come and came up with this excuse of needing the big car to take some children to some thing (she's a teacher), my offer of her using the S1 for taxi service didn't go down well  :no:

Anyway, should be fun and will bring VCDS as well.

I was at Goodwood's Hot Hatch Sunday Breakfast Club today...

10683442_10152709026541112_7080288545291

• Like 2

Good to meet you too Jose, great car, great beard only question is "WhereTF was the VCDS ?" sorry forgot to ask last night.

In my glovebox! Totally forgot about it too sorry!

Loving the beard love too!