The West Meon Hut #19

@Lee

At least you can take your laptop around the room Lee...

Mine doesn't even have a battery in it so must remain plugged in on pain of death.

http://www.diy.com/departments/masterplug-10a-cable-reel-l25m/135787_BQ.prd?ecamp=SEAPLA12588207&ef_id=VA2I9QAABHZjLiF0:20140914161215:s  :p

• Like 2

Gentlefolk, don't forget that lovely chap Mushtafa from the August meet, he has VCDS up and running, he added an anti-lag map to his mates octy remember the flames!!!!!

Drop him a message see if he's coming to the next meet?, I'm sure he can be tempted by food and beer!

• Like 3

OMG!! VCDS arrived yesterday, and being a mac user, with no windows VM I pulled out my old 9 inch Dell netbook, thinking this will be perfect as it's so small to just permanently live in the glovebox. 6 hours later and the damn thing still won't boot, pretty sure the 64gb SSD drive is fried, I have the original 16gb one somewhere and as this netbooks new use is to run one application I don't care if the disk is small! However at 2am last night I gave up so today's job is find the 16gb drive and trying it out, I really hope it's not the netbook that's fried!
I did I the middle of the above install a Windows VM on my mac temporarily and it detects the cable fine in VCDS so I do have a solution, just it's wasting 10gb on my mac and it's 4 inches bigger than I would like (seems bigger is not always better!).

Anyway, rant over! Hopefully I'll get it working today and be able to bring it along so if anyone wants stuff doing there will be a couple of us wandering around flashing our umbilical cords like F1 pit crews :)

EDIT - Found old SSD - not even recognised as a drive being present! Now to decide if I buy a new SSD for £30 not knowing of the netbook is fried or I'm just really unlucky and one SSD is totally dead, and the other is dead enough to be recognised but not formatable - ARRRRGH!

EDIT 2 - Ordered new SSD. Fingers crossed!

• Like 2

Been going quick this month for me, been busy searching out a replacement for my little orange fabia... Sadly with 2 Kids she just ain't big enough!

So I am whats now known as "doing an Austin" and will be turning up in a non-Skoda vehicle..

But still a VAG Group vehicle!!!

• Like 1

Been going quick this month for me, been busy searching out a replacement for my little orange fabia... Sadly with 2 Kids she just ain't big enough!

So I am whats now known as "doing an Austin" and will be turning up in a non-Skoda vehicle..

But still a VAG Group vehicle!!!

It's a Golf isn't it? :)

It's always a Golf. Or an A3. Or a Passat, which might as well be a Golf. :D

• Like 1