H&R Springs - A Quick Review

Thanks for your thoughts, it's something I'm considering. It looks much better than stock (IMO obviously). Have you had a full load in the car with the new springs? I'm a little worried about loading the car up for a long holiday road trip with shorter springs. I have visions of fully compressed springs (and vertebrae...) for hours on end and the car bouncing off the bump stops!

• 1 month later...

Excellent Stefano, it looks great. Much much better. Looking forward to the write up of the "wife test".

I had to sell an STi forester I had (partly) due to the harsh ride the coilovers gave the car, so I'm a little gun shy on new springs for the Octy!

• Like 1

The cars look great guys

I did the same with a 30mm drop on standard Sachs shocks

You will find that after a while, (it took around 12 months on mine) that the stock shock absorbers will not cope with the shorter spring

The way to solve this will be to fit a slightly shorter and sportier damper (Bilstein B8 is a perfect partner)..... ..the ride will improve further and the bounciness under load will disappear

• Like 1

Guys, your's lowered Octavias look perfect, but what is your dealer position about manufacturer's warranty? Cause my dealer said big NO... :dull:

Thanks.

Edited by Widzia

The cars look great guys

You will find that after a while, (it took around 12 months on mine) that the stock shock absorbers will not cope with the shorter spring

The way to solve this will be to fit a slightly shorter and sportier damper (Bilstein B8 is a perfect partner)..... ..the ride will improve further and the bounciness under load will disappear

Wow that's fast for the shocks to go! I thought I had a good few years but it will be a good excuse to upgrade again!

Guys, your's lowered Octavias look perfect, but what is your dealer position about manufacturer's warranty? Cause my dealer said big NO... :dull:

Thanks.

Related parts warranty is voided usually...shocks and strut arms as far as I understand from other threads eg Nookiebear. Not ideal but hopefully manageable and as above, an excuse to upgrade more....

• 1 month later...

The cars look great guys

Hi Chris,

sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but it seems I couldn't find the B8 model for 5e5.

Can you help?

TIA

• 1 month later...