VRS Seats

I am now considering changing my order for a 2.0tdi Elegance to VRS tdi, my biggest concern is the seats; I drive 300-400 miles at a time and I love the seats in my current Elegance, the VRS seats look quite firm.

Anybody been in the same boat??

A weeks worth of luggage (lord only knows what) in the boot with the cover over the estate as well.

Only complaint so far seems to have been the hard suspension isn't great on rather knackered roads in the Isle of Wight, everyone commented how they didn't feel all that tired at all.

I've done about 12k miles since late November with a lot of long trips over mixed roads (motorway, a roads, twisties, single track roads) and I've never had issues with the seats.

The one thing I would say is the seats are massive so aren't great if you get car sick and have to sit in the back.

If you look in the czech configurator http://www.skoda-auto.cz/ under elegance models you will see a 2.0 TDI motor with 135kw option, the same they put in vrs models, so you can get that engine in non vrs models. Not sure when this will be availble in other locations, but this is something I regret not having. Unfortunately it wasnt avalable 2 months ago when I was ordering the car.

I prefer my mk3 tsi Vrs cloth seats to my old mk2 l&k seats. I used to have to keep pushing myself back up in the seat as I drove, plus no side supports. These are far better. Don't be tempted to go for 19" rims as the 18"s are fine on normal roads but just bearable on bad ones, my thoghts, others will disagree.Good thing with Vrs is it goes round bends with much less body roll.

I find the car comfy enough that i can do 200 mile runs without getting tired but still feel the seats in the front lack lower back support - I feel like I'm curved/slouched. At 5'11" I'm a fairly average size I think.  Fiancée (5'6") has same problem but worse .... My vrs is now rocking a small cushion, with that behind her she is content (with the seats at least  :D )

Hi

Went to wedding in Wittersham Kent from Pontefract 250 miles

Partner drove down most of way and said most comfortable  car 

I drove back all the the way in 4 hrs none stop and best car for comfort

Had Audi A4 2.7 so not not bad car to compare with

Seats are very good 

suspension is firm but that is what it should be on a VRS

not as firm as my Civic type r

Edited by Beast

If you look in the czech configurator http://www.skoda-auto.cz/ under elegance models you will see a 2.0 TDI motor with 135kw option, the same they put in vrs models, so you can get that engine in non vrs models. Not sure when this will be availble in other locations, but this is something I regret not having. Unfortunately it wasnt avalable 2 months ago when I was ordering the car.

I see only the 110kw on the elegance on the Czech configurator. 135kw only on the RS... I think if it is try it was a mistake they now corrected.

Just add to my earlier post.Currently touring Oxford area with car, around 100miles/ day on poor quality roads. Not even my other half has complained, and trust me she would. Was going for leather, then thought of those hot sticky summers. The heating in my seats are excellent also.

I see only the 110kw on the elegance on the Czech configurator. 135kw only on the RS... I think if it is try it was a mistake they now corrected.

Comes only in Estate version bacause that engine is 4x4 version.

• Like 1

Well you get vrs engine + 4x4, I would say its better value.

You don't get all the special RS bits though (lowered suspension, seats etc). However I can see the appeal of a 4x4 + RS engine, I would have been very tempted over the vRS I have to say.

I have owned my VRS for 6 months and find the seats to be at least as comfortable as within any other car I have owned. They may lack the multiple adjustments and high quality leather of my previous 3-Series, but they are more comfortable.

However, the ride of the VRS is quite firm and you do feel the bumps if driving on old or uneven roads.

I have Leather seats & I am very content with them.

A long drive from Germany to Scotland (via Dover) which all in took 17hrs & 43 mins proved that they are comfy and supportive in all the right places.

No complaints about seats or car from the long haired General either, however she did coment on the road noise intrusion compared to our previous very quiet n comfy Superb 2. I put some of that down to the fat tyres & the lower quality road surfaces we have in the UK compared to our European neighbours.

Can't pass judgement on the cloth seats but the general consensus is that they are good.