Another delivery delay

Guest garpat32

Guest garpat32

My octy build week had already been pushed back to from week 33 to week 38, i.e this week.

Spoke to dealer yesterday "oh its been put back again to 43"

Spoke to Skoda CS who say, actually it hasn't got a "confirmed" date yet and all he can do is apologise!!

Ordered early June, looks like I'll be lucky to have it before 2015, it's only an estate SE with xenons, and a couple of other options, certainly nothing out of the ordinary.

Seriously thinking of looking elsewhere, Leon St or something.

apologies for the moaning

Sounds like your dealer's knees are due a visit from a baseball bat... evidently lying through his arse about build dates just to keep you from walking away.

It's a shame, but it's not just Skoda dealers who pull tricks like this.

Guest garpat32

Thanks for the replies.

I've had a call back from "customer services", pretty much take it or leave it!!

said they had 12 months worth of orders within 9 months so there was a huge back log!!!

:devil:

Our build date on a 1.4 petrol elegance was also pushed back a few days ago to wk43, we ordered beginning of June as well.  I decided to take one of their showroom cars instead, collecting it on Saturday.

To be fair though your dealer must have advised you that it could take X amount of weeks for a factory build. I know mine did, i have had 2 build weeks changed but I'm still within the time frame my dealer told me which in may for a VRS estate was around 16-20 weeks. For an SE it was slightly less, I'm due a call this week to confirm that my build date is locked in and wont now be changed my build date is week 38 which is next week.

Guest garpat32

To be fair though your dealer must have advised you that it could take X amount of weeks for a factory build. I know mine did, i have had 2 build weeks changed but I'm still within the time frame my dealer told me which in may for a VRS estate was around 16-20 weeks. For an SE it was slightly less, I'm due a call this week to confirm that my build date is locked in and wont now be changed my build date is week 38 which is next week.

week 38 is this week?

its been 14 weeks since order, and 12 weeks was initially advised, like I said, the car was also confirmed for this week, 38, but as of yesterday it was bumped back to week 43, possibly not even confirmed yet. So potentially 19 weeks from order date to build date, plus whatever for delivery!!

Customer services weren't really that fussed when I said I may as well cancel, they just said "sorry, its the huge demand"

Guest garpat32

Tom at skoda will be calling me tomorrow or Thursday to confirm that it's locked in for wk39. Retail support don't expect it to change so all should be good to go

hopefully you get no delays then mate :cocktail:

I called skoda back, and its now with a "case manager", I have a ref number as well, lol. assured they will get back to me within 48hrs. :peek:

Ordered SE 1.4 dsg with cruise control & parking assist 22 May, picking it up Thursday 18 Sep.

This is within 1 week of date promised by factory that was given 2 weeks after order went from dealer to the factory.

Can't understand why some are on time and some are "sometime/never"

So that's about 18 weeks?

I think the problem is that the dealers come out with the standard 12-14 weeks on non-vRS models, when the best part of 18-20 weeks is now seeming to be the norm, unless you hit lucky on one that the dealer already has in the system for stock that they can still tweak the colour and options on.

hopefully you get no delays then mate :cocktail:

I called skoda back, and its now with a "case manager", I have a ref number as well, lol. assured they will get back to me within 48hrs. :peek:

I find winding them up on twitter works quite well they ask for contact number and call you back quite quick

Hmm, getting a but worried reading this. My bw was 37 then became 40 but the dealer keeps saying he expects that to change to 'confirmed' and it hasn't! To be honest, it's more of a pain for them as the longer it takes, the less my trade in will be worth when they sell it on. I can make do with my Fabia for a little longer if necessary, it's just all the messing around I don't like.

Thanks for the replies.

I've had a call back from "customer services", pretty much take it or leave it!!

said they had 12 months worth of orders within 9 months so there was a huge back log!!!

:devil:

I had the same comment from Customer Service here in Australia.  I ordered mine in May and is now being delivered in January 2015.  The dealer said that if you want to cancel that is fine as we would be able to sell it with no problems.  That was not what I wanted to here from the dealer. 

Customer service in oz sucks. I ordered start of may, but mine had been built now! Have a vin and everything. Not on a ship yet so I can't track it, but crazy wait for an ambition + (roughly the same as se spec). I'll get it end of November/start Dec now. So 7 months order to delivery. Crazy.

Edit: I keep posting in Skoda AU's Facebook page about the huge delays to all the people talking on there. Just to make sure they are aware. Yet despite that, no contact from Skoda, even with the contents on most posts..... They just don't care.

Edited by GTR27

Well I am going to have to pop in and see my dealer as I need to order a new company car very soon.

The last time I spoke to them they said 12 weeks for a non VRS.

If its going to be 18-20 weeks then I need to look elsewhere.

Guest garpat32

I had the "exec team" call me back today.

Cant bring build week fwd, new orders placed now expected over 20 weeks for delivery

Agreed that at time I ordered wasn't as big a delay so will sort me courtesy car to use until the octy is ready.

so happy enough with that.

cheers

Customer service in oz sucks. I ordered start of may, but mine had been built now! Have a vin and everything. Not on a ship yet so I can't track it, but crazy wait for an ambition + (roughly the same as se spec). I'll get it end of November/start Dec now. So 7 months order to delivery. Crazy.

Edit: I keep posting in Skoda AU's Facebook page about the huge delays to all the people talking on there. Just to make sure they are aware. Yet despite that, no contact from Skoda, even with the contents on most posts..... They just don't care.

I Agree, spoke to them last week about my VRS.  Ordered in May, delivery now January 15.  Response was like it or lump it.  What can you do.