Another delivery delay

Guest garpat32

This thread makes me happy I stumbled upon a spec/colour combo I wanted that was already in the country... (sorry to those who face long waits)... 

It was like that here in NZ tho... orders from late July were being given March '15 delivery times.

Guest garpat32

That's pretty much how the Skoda big wig explained it tom me as well.

Build weeks are locked in one week before, but until its locked they are just "estimated" build weeks.

So when a dealer is saying "oh its down as build week 45" for example, its still just a guess until its locked in at week 44.

That's my take on it anyway :angel:

That's pretty much how the Skoda big wig explained it tom me as well.

Build weeks are locked in one week before, but until its locked they are just "estimated" build weeks.

So when a dealer is saying "oh its down as build week 45" for example, its still just a guess until its locked in at week 44.

That's my take on it anyway :angel:

Spot on! Until they are locked one week before it is a best guess!

I got my phone call yesterday my week 39 build date is still not locked in, they are expecting it to be locked in today or tomorrow. They don't expect it to change and will call me next week with another update.

Guest garpat32

I got my phone call yesterday my week 39 build date is still not locked in, they are expecting it to be locked in today or tomorrow. They don't expect it to change and will call me next week with another update.

week 39 is next week mate? I have my fingers crossed for you but... :sweat:

Yeah I'm the same, he's gonna call me on Monday or Tuesday with an update. To be fair he has called me once a week with an update and will continue till my car is delivered. Which if build next week I should have it for near the end of october

• Like 1

Guest garpat32

Yeah I'm the same, he's gonna call me on Monday or Tuesday with an update. To be fair he has called me once a week with an update and will continue till my car is delivered. Which if build next week I should have it for near the end of October

Hi mate, did they get back to you with news? :beer:

Hi mate, did they get back to you with news? :beer:

yeah buddy, the car is being built this week so it may even be built by now. he's going to give me a call on monday or tuesday with another update and that will continue until collection

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in a  similar boat OP (pardon the pun). Ordered 4th July 2014 and the dealer was keen to tell me I'd have the car available for collection within 10 to 12 weeks. I ordered a 1.4 TSI SE estate manual with no extras. We finally got a build date a week ago, which meant delivery was expected towards the end of January 2015 / early February 2015! They rang back a few days later and said the build has been brought forward to the first week of November so I'll have the car before Christmas; I didn't realise they arrived that quickly?

Obviously nothing's confirmed yet and I wouldn't be shocked if the build date slipped again. Makes me wish I'd looked closer at the Ford Focus Titanium X 1.0 125ps, BMW 3 series 118i and Mazda 6 2.0 petrol estates before ordering.

Edited by Derv

Guest garpat32

Still "potentially" build week 43 for me, I had to call Skoda this week to check if there was an update!

Also supposed to be taking my trade in to dealer and getting courtesy this coming Monday, but heard nothing from them to confirm so far, so guess I will have to chase this also!!

Guest garpat32

Just to update for anyone interested.

I handed/traded in my Fabia  today, and they gave me a rapid spaceback as a courtesy until the Octavia arrives. Mine to use as I wish until then :notme:  :notme:

So far its still BW43 code 10, I was shown this on the computer, however another order that was also there had just "slipped" back to BW48!!

At least the pressure :sweat:  is off with the worry of the trade in value etc.

:cocktail:

This is worrying me too. I ordered a 1.4 TSi SE this Sept. 29th on the basis it would be here late October, or very early November at latest. I signed up, gave deposit etc. for the monthly zero interest deal which I was told was ending the next day.

This worked well for me as all my present car tax, MOT, service etc. is due about then. So I intended to let the dealer sort all that out when they got my car.

Also the valuation of mine is based on them having it about Oct. 30.

I phoned about 4 days ago for an update and was told my delivery time seemed the same still (apparently the car was in port at Emden and was just to be shipped over and pre-delivery checked.)

Before they discussed  this particular car I was told delivery would be next April. I would not have done a deal on that basis. I accepted a change of colour to get the car quickly.

So now I wonder where I stand. They knew the new car's colour so I assume it is around - somewhere!

Could I insist they take my old car before end of October and get a courtesy car from them?

Edited by ednmra

At least the pressure :sweat: is off with the worry of the trade in value etc.

:cocktail:

Glad you managed to get a courtesy car , but did the dealer not guarantee your trade in price? Normally they discount the trade in based on what it will be worth when they think your new car will be ready and guarantee that value. Obviously this doesn't cover MOT or tax which I assume is the etc you are referring to. Just curious as the last two new cars I've bought, I've been told it's a guaranteed trade in price, hence why they discount it.

Edit: obviously said guarantee is subject to the car being in the same condition etc

Edited by Redline Greenline ii

Guest garpat32

Yeh, the dealer guaranteed price, but I used the car daily for work and I wasmore concerned about someone hitting me or similar, mileage when I did deal was 8k and when I handed in was over 14k

Ah I see. Yeah, there is that. Some idiot tried their best to damage my trade in value on leaving a certain hellish shopping centre in the south-east last week. Heart in mouth moment. Funnily enough I was more worried about that than being injured!

Right, I just emailed my salesman to say I wanted them to receive my trade-in car before the end of October and provide a courtesy car till my new one is ready for collection. I said I don't care what the courtesy car is or, within reason, how long I have to use it! See what they say tomorrow.

Right, I just emailed my salesman to say I wanted them to receive my trade-in car before the end of October and provide a courtesy car till my new one is ready for collection. I said I don't care what the courtesy car is or, within reason, how long I have to use it! See what they say tomorrow.

Just got a reply (must work Sundays!) saying that the car seems to be on time still but if anything crops up they will sort something out for me (i.e. courtesy car) so I hand mine in before it needs retaxing etc.

• Like 1