Q4 deals?

D@z

Well it's not a question of affordability really as I have already got a car. Just pointing out that there's not as much room for negotiating as there is with other manufacturers.

For example Ford will easily offer you almost £6k off a new £23k Focus or Audi will take the same discount off a £25k A4

Personally I think there's similar discounts to have on the Octavia's as there are on their main competitors. The two models you mention are about to be replaced so £6k are usual in this situation. The Focus will still cost you 4.2-7.2% on finance depending on model and purchase option and the Audi is at 7.4%!! The Octy 3 is a far newer model, based around the same main drivetrain components as the Golf (with even less discount) and the A3 (less still). Discounts on the Leon tend to be slightly greater. The Octy is available with finance as low as 0% currently for the SE and 2.9% on the luxury versions and you can still claim three years free servicing even with the 0% option  :)

• Like 1

I've been quoted this yesterday with a military seller tax free.

Skoda Octavia VRS Hatch 2.0TFSI DSG petrol

Race Blue Metallic

Heated windscreen

Sunset glass from B pillar back

Temporary space saver spare wheel

Simply Clever (double sided boot floor, media holder, waste bin)

vRS leather red stitching

Black design package

Amundsen sat nav with SD card containing European maps

Heated front seats

Electrically heated, adjustable and folding door mirrors - auto dimming

Canton sound system (10 speakers, digital equaliser, subwoofer)

Heated washer nozzles, front

Boot net

Multi-function display/on-board computer "Colour"

Total OTR price £18,915.99

This seem like a fair price or should it be a little less given its tax free?

I don't see why you are being belligerent.

No belligerence intended, just stating facts. On a 42mth PCP £2k difference in discount is equivalent to £50 per month on 0%, so makes the difference between a car being within budget or not.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Its pretty much irrelevant what SUK are offering when most savvy customers can usually find a dealer to price match DTD, Carfile et al. I don't get why people expect SUK to offer best deal on a plate, just get a broker quote, ring 3 dealers, tell them straight that the first to ring you back with a price match will get your order, but make sure you are not time wasting cos they are not daft.

I dont expect Skoda UK to offer the best deal on a plate, but where Im from, I cant just use brokers to get the best deal, as that only works in the mainland, also Im depending on finance, so as andyvee has rightly pointed out, the % makes a big difference to my monthly outgoing and therefore whether I can afford the car or not.

Brad8988,

I'm guessing Griffin? I bought with them. They were offering  22% off the standard price. Factory fitted options get the discount, dealer supplied stuff isn't discounted.  I'm in the UK so had to pay the tax but no other dealer could match them and carfile offers didn't get close.

It's a good deal. Tax free it's an outstanding deal.