16" wheels on an se

adrianpaulherring

I'm thinking of one step higher profile for a slightly better ride and reduce speed inaccuracy.

The overall rolling circumference of the different size wheel and tyre combinations is the same, to within about 2%, so the speedo readout is the same.

The argument about ride comfort has been gone into so many times on this forum...............................

Sorry my post wasn't very clear.

I have a yeti on order and would like to try a last ditch attempt at getting what I want (16" wheels) instead of the standard wheels on the se. Does anybody know who I can contact to make this happen.

The other thread has given you all the details you require, good luck!

Thank you

Lenny R

& Brijo

For you negative comments

"Trying to get my post count up" don't know what this even means.

Only been a member for a very short time and genially wanted to discuss my new car.

Don't need you negativeness in my life. So am cancelling my membership.

Q. How's that for getting my post count up?"

It's such a pity that some seem to think they owner/editors of this forum.....trying to be a forum hero with smarmy comments is disappointing to say the least.

• Like 1

It's such a pity that some seem to think they owner/editors of this forum.....trying to be a forum hero with smarmy comments is disappointing to say the least.

Totally agree, seems to be hapenning more and more of late.  I used to find the Yeti forum pedants amusing and actually take comfort from the fact that I'd chosen a vehicle suited to those with such exacting demands!

Sadly however a board "clique" is forming, which in my experience is never a good thing.  Especially for innocent new posters it seems :thumbdown:

Agree also. Don't come on here much any more as there always seem to be a few smart ar--ho-- just replying to score points rather than to be part of a helpful discussion.

Sorry if my ( tongue in cheek) responce to the question why the Op asked the same question twice, one which was answered yesterday, then flood the forum with questions, which could have been put in one post. And from what I have read the OP perhaps should be asking these questions to the dealer he has ordered from.

Thank you

Lenny R

& Brijo

For you negative comments

"Trying to get my post count up" don't know what this even means.

Only been a member for a very short time and genially wanted to discuss my new car.

Don't need you negativeness in my life. So am cancelling my membership.

Q. How's that for getting my post count up?"

Touchy!!! And I consider an overreaction. I was always taught to make haste slowly.

Fred

Thank you

Lenny R

& Brijo

For you negative comments.....So am cancelling my membership....

I spent more than a few minutes searching back for those '16-inch' threads and checking to see if any useful info had come up later.  If any other member thinks there is negativity in that, or in my replies in the other thread, or in my referral to that thread, above, please would they let me know?  I'm quite willing to be constructively corrected.

Like a few others I managed to get 16" wheels on my Elegance, see the earlier thread referred to elsewhere, but you do have to go "to the top" and quickly if you've placed an order. I was given to understand it's not simply a wheel swap at the appropriate place on the production line but needs an entirely new order to be generated so be warned that even if Skoda UK agree it could put your build week back.

And don't give up on the forum, it really is a valuable source of information and reassurance - yesterday when I reversed down the drive it sounded like I had a bag of cats dragging underneath but rather than stop dead, PANIC and call Skoda Assist I thought "that will be a stone stuck in the brakes somewhere" because I'd read about it here. So drove back and forth a couple of times, stone dislodged and off I went. You won't find that in the owners manual.

Hi all,

After reading a lot of posts about 16" wheels and winter tyres, I'm temped to buy a set of 16" wheels and tyres.

Reason being some state that the ride with 16" is smoother and less bumpy.

So, is there a kind sole (Yeti Owner) around West or North-West London with 16" wheels that could spare time to take me for a drive (them driving) to see what the difference is and if my worth spending £800+.

I would guess would need to be a 4x4, or not? Or even within 20 miles thereof.

Thanks for reading this.

I don't think it's people being "narky" or whatever. How many of you ordered a Yeti and then flooded a forum with questions you should have asked when ordering? This is what is making some of us think back to another poster, now thankfully banned.

• Like 1