Calling all Meteor Grey vRS Owners

Hi,

After so much deliberation on what colour to order my new vRS in, I'm 90% settled on Meteor Grey but I'm to scared to order it without seeing one in the flesh  :sweat:  It seems to look different in every photograph I see.

I've seen the Fabia Monte Carlo in Meteor and loved it but, with this being so much bigger, I'm just not altogether sure.

I was wondering if there's anyone local (ish) to me that has one?  I live nr Burton on Trent and work in Birmingham City Centre but would travel a fair way to see one of these so I can finally make my mind up.

I'd be soooo appreciative :thumbup: 

Rich 

Awww...cheers though mate.  Yeah, bit of a way.

There's a dealer in Slough that has one in but I thought I'd chance my arm to see if there were any local Briskodians that have one  :p

I went for meteor having seen the Fabia, go for it!

Had loads of people in car parks asking me what color is that! Very well received.

Actually don't, go for race blue or white like everyone else and mine will be that tiny bit more special.

• Like 1

Not wishing to burden everyone with another pic of my car...yeah right!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The pic was taken in good light but not really bright sun, I believe the photo is a good representation although it now looks far smarter without a tax disc in the window!

It's been said already, if you like the look on the Fabia, you'll be fine. :)

Nice Colour Mence, loving the Plate 

Cheers, obviously I wanted M3NCE but that must have been snapped up by a Beemer owner.

As my son has the same Christian Name, I will pass it to him when he starts driving.

I've ordered an estate in Meteor Grey with black pack as a company car. I had the opportunity to test drive a saloon in that colour before placing my order.

I picked my wife up from her work in it and before she even got in she said I had to order one.

Go for it.

Definitely check it out in person. You will either like it or not, there is no in-between. Looks okay in some photos but in real life I couldn't live with it personally.

Meteor grey + black pack + sunset glass + anthracite Gemini wheels = the dogs  :) 

Exactly my spec :)

I was lucky. Somebody round my way has got a hatch in Meteor Grey, seen it a couple of times....first time I saw it, that was that.

• Like 1

Looking at ordering a vrs tsi dsg. For me meteor is a BIG NO NO. imo its looks like its in primer but its an opinion thing. Race blue is too common it seems. I've just sold an edn 30 gti golf in steel grey and now torn between that and metal grey. Can't find a steel grey one anywhere! Or a petrol one to test drive for that matter!

Looking at ordering a vrs tsi dsg. For me meteor is a BIG NO NO. imo its looks like its in primer but its an opinion thing. Race blue is too common it seems. I've just sold an edn 30 gti golf in steel grey and now torn between that and metal grey. Can't find a steel grey one anywhere! Or a petrol one to test drive for that matter!

Metal grey looks fantastic! London Les has posted a pic in another thread of his vRS. IMHO it rivals Race Blue. Agree that Meteor is unusual but not sure if it's the best colour for a vRS (again IMHO). Depends if you are looking for subtle or stand out.

Essentially I was a cheapskate and didn't want to pay for metallic paint, so although meteor was more than the standard colors, it was less than half the price of a metallic color, which meant I could have another optional extra too without bumping the price up too much.

BTW - its battleship grey, not primer grey ;)

This isn't my car put its a good picture of the color (came from google)

post-1129-0-41747000-1412581981_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Lol! I love this site.genuine Banter without any grief. Really impressed with the vcds page, so many hidden little extras. Just finalising options before I order. Has anyone got a decent pic of a steel grey hatch and metal grey together or clever photoshop? IT flashy stuff is beyond me. Colour choice is the last to sort. Ordering before Xmas for 1st march 2015 delivery and want to get it right. Seen a metal grey but someone said steel grey is gone yet it's in the latest brochure..

Thanks guys for all of your view and shrops_paul, I'll PM you mate if that's okay and see when I might be able to get across.  Really kind of you to offer up access to check your Battleship out :clap:

This colour really divides opinions hey?