Digital speedometer kmh to mph

Cmckeen22

How do I contact a member who has vcds, I have located one not far from me as I wish to have large mph display on my new yeti

Look in the VCDS section and chose one close to you. I suspect Gizmo68 might be your best bet.

Fred

• Like 1

Each to their own. It has to be good that the Maxidot can be changed to suit an individuals preference.

After umpteen trips to France this year, and with all the new speed cameras, the KPH has been a big help.

Each to their own. It has to be good that the Maxidot can be changed to suit an individuals preference.After umpteen trips to France this year, and with all the new speed cameras, the KPH has been a big help.

But even after this mod has been carried out you can still have a KPH display if required by a few clicks in the Maxidot menu.

• Like 1

I've just swapped my Fabia for a Yeti. Amazing car, but the speedo does annoy me.

I'm going to see if anyone local to me (North Oxfordshire) has a VCDS, but in the meantime I've been using an iPhone app which shows your MPH in very large numbers (it also beams a head up display on the windscreen apparently...haven't tested function this yet though). Not sure how to paste a link but if you Google MPH + HUD you should be able to find it. There appear to be plenty of apps for Android devices as well. Can't vouch for their accuracy, but seems to match my GPS device.

Not as nice as having an integrated MPH, but OK as an interim measure.

Each to their own. It has to be good that the Maxidot can be changed to suit an individuals preference.

After umpteen trips to France this year, and with all the new speed cameras, the KPH has been a big help.

But even after this mod has been carried out you can still have a KPH display if required by a few clicks in the Maxidot menu.

Exactly, you don’t lose anything and to get it back just requires ticking one box, which if you have xenon’s takes no longer than selecting the ‘tourist’ setting.

I've just realised the yeti speedo is ahead of its time,as all the speed limits are being reduced to to running pace of 20mph which is on the display so the missing 30 mph its needed so much now.

easier than looking to speedo and guessing actual speed

You do realise that the digital speedo is just as inaccurate as the analogue one, don't you?  Digital displays often give a misleading impression of precision and accuracy.  People have been managing fine with analogue clock faces without numbers, or numbers only on the quarter hours, on non-arabic numbers for years, and still do.  I don't really understand this desire for an illusion of accuracy.

• Like 1

You do realise that the digital speedo is just as inaccurate as the analogue one, don't you? Digital displays often give a misleading impression of precision and accuracy. People have been managing fine with analogue clock faces without numbers, or numbers only on the quarter hours, on non-arabic numbers for years, and still do. I don't really understand this desire for an illusion of accuracy.

Well what can I say, my watch has roman numerals, however i!m sure I am not alone in that you only look at the rough time on a watch.

Each one to their own, I find It is certainly easier to see with varifocal lenses than the dial speed end of

You do realise that the digital speedo is just as inaccurate as the analogue one, don't you? .

That's not sticktly true if you factor in parallax error to the analogue display, then the digital IS more accurate.

I use an Ultragauge, once it has been calibrated to the vehicle it gives the same speed readout as my Garmin hand held GPS.

The actual speed is about 5 mph less than the Skoda speedo or digital readout is telling me.

Also the mpg readings are over optimistic on the Maxidot, but the Ultragauge is pretty accurate when I compare it to the "brim to brim" calculation.

This is on a 1.8 TSi 4x4, I have had it five weeks and three fill ups now, on mainly six mile runs to and from work it has averaged 31.5 mpg so far.

Phil

Don't know what an "Ultragauge" is, but even GPS is not totally accurate, unless on a perfectly flat road and with more than 3 satellites.

Personally I cannot understand all the fuss.

I just remember that 30 mph is just under 50 kph, 50 is 80, 70 is 110.

End of problem.

• Like 1

I don't need to 'remember' 50, 65, 80 kph etc as most trucks only have speedos in kph, BUT it's soooo much easier to glance at a digital display rather than looking at a needle on a dial.

• Like 4