Heads Up, " The Italian Job ".....................

Auric Goldfinger

But I don't have it on DVD   :wall: There's always one     :giggle:

Er... Hang on lad, I've got an idea........

Wanna borrow it? :giggle:

But I don't have it on DVD   :wall:

There's always one     :giggle:

There are some extra scenes on the DVD that have never been used in a cinema or broadcast cut of the film. For instance, the ice rink scene.

My mate has scratch built working Scalextric models of all the Italian Job vehicles. It's awesome and it requires 4 of us to work the best bit, one to drive the bus and the other 3 to drive the Minis into the back of it :thumbup:

1 question though, did he use the actual limited edition Scalextric Italion Job Minis?

(and yes, I am into Scalextric)

1 question though, did he use the actual limited edition Scalextric Italion Job Minis?

(and yes, I am into Scalextric)

No, he used old stylee ones and modified them appropriately. He has infact made 6 Minis, 3 that drive forward for going in and 3 that drive backwards for pushing out. The latter have no people inside as they didn't push the people over the edge in the film. Accuracy is key.

• Like 4

No, he used old stylee ones and modified them appropriately. He has infact made 6 Minis, 3 that drive forward for going in and 3 that drive backwards for pushing out. The latter have no people inside as they didn't push the people over the edge in the film. Accuracy is key.

Sounds nice, you got any pictures or a video at all?

Sounds nice, you got any pictures or a video at all?

Couple of vids:

and models on display at this years Slot Festival at Gaydon (me choosing tyres at 44 seconds :D and the models and my mate's Top Gear track from 8min 17seconds)

• Like 3

Couple of vids:

and models on display at this years Slot Festival at Gaydon (me choosing tyres at 44 seconds :D and the models and my mate's Top Gear track from 8min 17seconds)

Nice. I like that bus it's a great idea, did he wire it all through the braids on the bus or does it use contact from the tailgate to the track?

wish I never gave all my Scalextric stuff away :(

I have tones of track and about 25 cars. I had to give it up a few years ago because there was a leak in the extension roof that leaked on some of the track (Pit entrance track too, one of the most expensive bits(just my luck)) and I took the track down to save it and left it down for a while, then the room got filled with an old sofa and some other stuff and I've never had the floor space. Now I've pinched some floor from the front room for now and have put up a bit of track after all this time and am in the process of clearing out the little bedroom so I can have a room without leaks. I've bought a few more R1 curves, one of each side pit lanes and ordered 7 more cars, bought 4 and also a limited edition Fabia in the past couple of months. I'm trying to catch up.

I've also bought a Dremel to help polish up some of the water damaged track because I found the days of constant sanding to be quite tedious. Most of the track is fine though but some is slightly rusty and needs a bit of attention.

By the way, is anyone here on Slotforum?

• Like 1

I have tones of track and about 25 cars. I had to give it up a few years ago because there was a leak in the extension roof that leaked on some of the track (Pit entrance track too, one of the most expensive bits(just my luck)) and I took the track down to save it and left it down for a while, then the room got filled with an old sofa and some other stuff and I've never had the floor space. Now I've pinched some floor from the front room for now and have put up a bit of track after all this time and am in the process of clearing out the little bedroom so I can have a room without leaks. I've bought a few more R1 curves, one of each side pit lanes and ordered 7 more cars, bought 4 and also a limited edition Fabia in the past couple of months. I'm trying to catch up.

I've also bought a Dremel to help polish up some of the water damaged track because I found the days of constant sanding to be quite tedious. Most of the track is fine though but some is slightly rusty and needs a bit of attention.

By the way, is anyone here on Slotforum?

Gave mine away in around 1989. Some was considered vintage (60s stuff). Best car I had was a Rover SD1 Police car in Jam Sandwich livery :D Had a 60's Le Mans Porsche too, that's probably worth a few notes now :(

Trying to find a pic and reminded myself I had an SD1 in Triplex livery too :D

Couple of vids:

I'm banned from watching Youtube at work. Any stills of the bus? (I've seen M*n*s before).