Fog light smashed.

As above really just had my fog light smashed by a stone from the car in front. Don't suppose anyone has a spare near side one for a Mk2 face lift vRS or have any idea on cost to replace???

Thanks in advance

Neil

• 1 month later...

Replacement of the FL fogs are simple.
literally a 3 minute jub.
Put your finger in to the surrounding grill and pull off >> You wont breakr it.

Remove 3 screws holding foglamp in place

take out fog

Put in new fog and 3 screws

Pop grill back in
stand back and smile :)

I would almost have it done in the amount of time it took me to type this :D

• Like 1

Vrs84 don't listen to them, I did and have up twice as I just couldn't do it - in the end I was so angry I could only do it removing whole bumper...

If u have lady hands, screws which arnt seized and bags of patience then maybe... Otherwise bumper off - done this 2 months ago...

Vrs84 don't listen to them, I did and have up twice as I just couldn't do it - in the end I was so angry I could only do it removing whole bumper...

If u have lady hands, screws which arnt seized and bags of patience then maybe... Otherwise bumper off - done this 2 months ago...

Your car sounds like a PRE Facelift model.

Am I correct?

The instructions are for a FL model.

56 plate vrs petrol

Seriously I tryed and tryed to do it but wasbt avle to do it unless the bumper came off

Sorry but I don't get the UK reg system.

Is it Facelift or Pre facelift?

The OP has a Facelift and I can assure him it is a simple job as I described.

on a pre face lift you dont need to remove the bumper. Just pop the passenger side wheel off and remove the arch liner (very easy job). Then you can reach the 3 screws holding the unit in place. Whilst you are there you could re-fit your temp sensor and you might get some accurate readings on the dash lol

Cheers guys. I can confirm that mine is a face-lift model. I will source a light unit and give this a go following the instructions above.

Italiandave thanks for your input but your model is the pre face-lift so the way of changing them isn't the same. Thanks again for the input though.

Neil