200 bhp Octavia vrs 2006 remapping?

Noticeable difference? Oh yes!

I'd highly recommend having it done, for a decent map Id say about £350-400.

I'm not sure about your location but the only guys truely worth having your car done by are Shark Performance in Mansfield.

If you don't want to use Shark then at least make sure you go to a reputable dealer and use another well recommended map eg, Revo.

Good luck.

Ive been considering getting mine remapped as ive had it for 4 years & i am getting a bit bored with it now but its a great car & i cant justify replacing it so i thought a remap may put a smile back on my face when driving it,mine is 6 years old with 57k on the clock. There is a shark/revo dealer in York now so should be easy enough to get done.

No issue at all with my bluefin.made it a different car (got bored after 1st week standard). Can put map on and off in minutes and immobilise the car and read fault codes.

• 2 weeks later...

Noticeable difference? Oh yes!

I'd highly recommend having it done, for a decent map Id say about £350-400.

I'm not sure about your location but the only guys truely worth having your car done by are Shark Performance in Mansfield.

If you don't want to use Shark then at least make sure you go to a reputable dealer and use another well recommended map eg, Revo.

Good luck.

Had mine done this morning - Shark Stage 1. A very noticeable difference!

25% off as well courtesy of their 10,000 likes offer on Facebook. 

• Like 1

Best budget for new coil packs as well if they are originals. Mine lasted 60 miles after the remap! Still, they had 103k on them so couldn't really complain.

Just waiting for the original DV to let go now...

Have a look at Quantum Tuning. Their maps are £249. Having heard great reviews I called in at their head office today to enquire about having mine done.

It turns out they don't do the vehicles there due to not having the diagnostic equipment but they guided me to a local agent with the promise of a discount. I did get a tour of the tech room where the reprogramming takes place. It looks like a really professional outfit.