Main dealer recall - courtesy car charge? :(

zouche

Just arranged for my Fab vRS to go in for the DSG oil change and the dealer wants to charge £11.99 for an insurance waiver on the loan car excess - to reduce it from £5000 (!) to £250.

Do dealers normally charge this for warranty/recall issues? Seems a bit rich...

Just arranged for my Fab vRS to go in for the DSG oil change and the dealer wants to charge £11.99 for an insurance waiver on the loan car excess - to reduce it from £5000 (!) to £250.

They are having a laugh - ring Skoda UK CS.

Alternatively cover their car (fully comp) on your policy...this will no doubt cost more than their £11.99 though.

Some charge others do not, it’s all down to the dealer, they are supplying the courtesy car FOC they just want it covered in case you damage it 

There is not a 'Recall' on the vRS Fabia DQ200 DSG,  just a Service Campaign.

It is not considered as a Safety Critical Matter.

But call Skoda UK that have been allowing the vRS to be sold with Synthetic oil instead of Mineral Oil,

and needing a ECU Update.

They can pay any out of pocket expenses if the car needs to go in.

Otherwise it just needs doing while in at a Dealer being Serviced.

But if you do not get Servicing Done at Main Dealers, 

Invoice Skoda UK for having to take the car in to keep the Warranty up.

george

• Like 1

Mine was happy for my to use my own insurance but my policy through Adrian Flux despite my policy booklet saying I could do this refused and I had to pay something like £15 a day for a week....... A service the under writer does do but not for policies sold by AF.... I wonder what else I have been misinformed about with my cover.....

zouche, 

Please ask Skoda UK just how much they are paying Skoda Dealerships to carry out the DSG Service Campaign Field Action,

& why the Mechatronics Control Units are not being replaced as they were in other World Regions,

and are they being checked.

Please ask if there are any issues after the Service Campaign, do Skoda take responsibility, or pan it off on the Dealership Workshop.

Skoda has Liability to be sure that any possibly issues from their manufacturing errors are checked for road users and owners safety.

They need to pay to have the Owner safe at no cost to them,

they need to extend the Warranty and take some Corporate Responsibility.

http://skoda.co.nz/news/dsg-service-campaign

New Zealand Skoda seemed to have no issues doing things correctly.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

Most dealers will charge for the waiver but you don't have to pay it.

But if you damage their car you could be liable for any damage.

I have paid it in the past but that was to drop the excess to zero.

check your own insurance. LV who I am with cover me for use of garages car if mine in for service, MOT etc. Fully comp for this third party only for use of other insured cars.

My Volvo dealer are very good, never charge fora car plus pick up and drop off from my office which is 30m away from the dealer.

My local dealer charges £11.99,this reduces the excess to zero,i paid it once then realised my insurance would cover it so i showed my poilcy to the dealer & they were happy with that so no charge next time...........i wouldnt be happy driving round in a car with a excess of £5000 on it.....£250 is bad enough......£11.99 sounds fair to me if you need a loan car whilst yours is in for repair. 

It is if in for repair.

But not when VW built gearboxes that can be faulty and they advise you to let them try to stop them

from causing your car to have temporary interruption to power or drive,

& inform you to take your vehicle in to have an action taken.

Their Errors, and it is done at their expense.

So if you are going to sit for 2 hours to 4 hours getting done because they are not covering the full cost of a courtesy car,

Invoice Skoda / VW for your loss of earnings.

The same Hourly Rate as the Dealers is being paid is a fair rate to charge.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 2

Couldn't you just wait for it, can't take long surely and most dealer service centres have time slots. I did with mine.

They want it for at least 2 hours (it has to completely cool apparently) and as I work Mon-Fri and Sat appointments are scarce, courtesy car is the easiest way.

Do you normally get your car serviced at this dealer.

If the answer is yes,then tell them you will take your servicing elsewhere if they don't provide a free loan car.

Edited by vrskeith

Well, in the end, it turned out to be a moot point - my insurance didn't cover courtesy cars (other than the ones they supply), and I was able to get a lift to/from the dealer.

So, no need for a loan car. 

As far as the cost was concerned, the invoice stated the cost to be: £121.23 (without VAT).

Seems no different on the short drive back from the dealer. Also they washed it (not particularly well, but hey).

• Like 1