USB Charger on all the time?

Hello again,

I purchased this and it is very nice, however the 12V socket is on all the time, even when the car is off and locked. I have never had this on a car before.

fe45a4ab4ff6607ab8fe5739f0620dd7_zpsc8d9

The charger is lit up by I assume an LED. The ring around the skoda logo lights up white.

Would it be ok to leave it plugged in all the time or will it empty the battery? I assume the small current used would not be noticed by the battery, which I assume is doing work all the time such as the alarm and monitor to sense the key fob etc... But I'm not sure.

Your thoughts.....?

My Rapid Sport's 12V socket remains powered all the time as well.   If I have my Sat Nav mounted, I have to remember to unplug it!  

To be fair, I have had this on a couple of cars I have had before and it has caused flat battery problems!   I also had an early version of those 12V electric car kettles which boiled in about five minutes and that burnt out a large part of the wiring of a Ford Sierra I had.   The 12V kettle I have now takes at least 20 minutes to brew up and doesn't draw nearly as much current!