Can you expect dealer to also deduct about

Can you expect dealer to also deduct about £1500 in addition to Skoda UK's £1500?

Very interesting to get a quote for a Rapid, DSG either diesel or petrol is what I am interested in, also to compare to the "made on the same productiom line"  SEAT Toledo.

Whilst the Toledo S is better spec'd than the Rapid S and also SEAT offering £2K off there seems to be more discount available off the Rapid ie up to £4K rather than only £3k of the Toledo?

So from an actual dealer site, rather than the direct internet sites like drivethedeal, what additional discount over the £2k or now £1500, has buyers managed to squeeze from their dealer?

Edited by lol-lol

I don't think you'll find DSG on the bottom spec cars though.

In fact autotrader currently shows only 3 New DSG Rapid, 1  1300 mile Toledo & 12 2000mile+ Spaceback so they're rare like rocking horse poo.

I prefer to get it as a factory order so you know you get the latest biuld else you run the risk of getting something that has been stored by the seaside for months.

I prefer to get it as a factory order so you know you get the latest biuld else you run the risk of getting something that has been stored by the seaside for months.

Not always the case that its stored at the dock, ours was at the dealers as a stock car.

Fully aware in our case the car is a MY14 rather than MY15 (early June) by the chassis number. However the date stamps on the tyres, engine, wiring looms etc. indicated the car had been built no earlier than late March which I was happy with, being at the time early July and we got a good deal as they were looking to clear stock.

TP

Mine was stored at the docks build date 9th may picked up from dealer 3 weeks later

DSG rocks ;<)

I just think the seven speed DSG is wonderful and actually can, if driven thoughtfully, can actually get MPG figures similar to or better than the manual.

But in addition to that it makes fro very relaxed cruising in 7th gear plus just put it in sports mode if you want it to keep on the boil a bit better.

Both DSG versions, 1.6D or 1.4 TSI, should chip quite well adding 40 hp or so to the package and going beyond the 250 Nm torque figure is not an issue if you are just going from 200/230 Nm to around 300 Nm as there are Fabia 2 VRS pushing 380 Nm through the box with little fuss.

Edited by lol-lol

Just test drove the 1.2 TSI Toledo and 1.6D Rapid back to back.

Preferred the diesel, both were manual, thought the diesel suited the car better.  

Shame the Rapid spec/disocunt is not as generous on the Rapid. 

Edited by lol-lol

Preferred the diesel, both were manual, thought the diesel suited the car better.  

Had the opposite when testing Spaceback's, went to look at a used diesel Elegance TDI 105 and came away with a new SE Sportpack TSI 105 for the same money, as we preferred the petrol.

TP

Me too with the Toledo, I found the ancient Mitsubishi sirius diesel boat-anchor in my 2001 Proton was smoother and quieter than VAGs current 1.6TDi.

Mind you the Proton did put the Rapid/Toledo ride issues into context :)

Edited by camelspyyder

I think that the performance felt very similar but just that the diesel felt more refined, less busy.

As usual the same horsepower (105) petrol is both quicker and faster for the same horse power diesel but in every day driving ie in the bottom half of the rev range the 250 Nm of torque of the diesel is more actractive than the 175 Nm of the 1.2 TSI IMHO.

TBH I seriously doubt that any 4 - cylinder diesel engine is more refined than any contemporary 4 - cylinder petrol engine. And I've driven quite a few, plus I own a 1.6 TDI.

I would tend to agree that you need at least 6 cylinders to have a smooth diesel.

It was just how it felt.  The 1.2 TSI Toledo felt rougher than the 1.6D Rapid at 80 mph on the carraigeway.

Not sure if it was the revs at that speed ro different sound deadening in the Rapid but it just felt a nicer place to be at 80 mph in 7th with the DSG gearbox. 

:o

:o

And I am not even a Grauniad reader/writer. 

My local SEAT dealer would not go beyond £2K on the first round of negotiation,  need to get some other quotes to beat them up a bit.

• Like 1

When presented with the cheapest internet price in the UK for the SEAT, my dealer caved instantly.  Go in pre-armed and you will win.

Got a quick print from Drivethedeal but they came out with the excuse that the figure shown is just a spot price and I was unlikely to get that amount.

What other internet car sales sites are there?