Fitting hids

Ah right yeah. They dont offer as much output as the silver lights anyway.

Maybe try 55w hids, but they dont offer a massive improvement over the 35w's, so you may feel you're wasting your money again.

Its difficult to say what youd be pleased with after the 100w bulbs. Most of us compare the hids to standard 55w bulbs.

I've currently got 35w hids in dipped beam and osram nightbreaker unlimited in the high beam. Its a pretty good set up IMO.

over emailed the seller on ebay to see what they say about the 55w hids. The girlfriend don't think they look to blue so might put them in the smart car if I get the 55w. There projector in that and there bloody awesome

over emailed the seller on ebay to see what they say about the 55w hids. The girlfriend don't think they look to blue so might put them in the smart car if I get the 55w. There projector in that and there bloody awesome

Again though mate, it depends what bukbs shes got fitted as to what improvement she'll see (:

Bet its compact under the bonnet of that smart car haha.

I know it wouldn't be to long before some said it's illegal to run 100w bulbs, I don't really care tbh. Ive ran 100w bulbs for years now. Plus the hids are illegal now too.

Fair shout tbh. Aslong as its not dazxling other road users, im happy to do what i want too.

• Like 1

there h7 same as ours. Not that bad under the bonnet as the engine is in the rear

If theyre the same bulbs that it came from the factory with and not upgraded ones, she should see a good improvement!

Ahh right. Didnt know that! Not had much to do with em tbh hsha.

I know it wouldn't be to long before some said it's illegal to run 100w bulbs, I don't really care tbh. Ive ran 100w bulbs for years now. Plus the hids are illegal now too.

He he he, had to write it, couldn't resist :)

I do not want to start another legality argument here, it was talked to death in numerous threads here so, plenty of info and mostly opinions on the subject to help make up your own mind :)

He he he, had to write it, couldn't resist :)

I do not want to start another legality argument here, it was talked to death in numerous threads here so, plenty of info and mostly opinions on the subject to help make up your own mind :)

i know what you mean you see it in every thread on briskoda everybody must be a copper on here.

Anyway I've just ordered some new bulbs 55w h7 but 5k this time. I think it's the ballasts that makes the different with the wattage but theses was cheaper to buy on ebay. Hopefully they will be here this year hahahahahahahahahahaha

Ant

i know what you mean you see it in every thread on briskoda everybody must be a copper on here.

Anyway I've just ordered some new bulbs 55w h7 but 5k this time. I think it's the ballasts that makes the different with the wattage but theses was cheaper to buy on ebay. Hopefully they will be here this year hahahahahahahahahahaha

Ant

let us know what you think of the 55w ballasts, I'm thinking of doing the same thing and putting the 35w set into swmbo fiesta

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Ant

Can you link the ones you bought please?

just to say i fitted mine at weekend, difference is nigth and day ( pardon the pun)  I fitted 5k canbus ready terminator ones from HID's direct.  They match the leds perfectly, light output is staggering, not been flashed once, they light up exactly as i wanted, full beam is nothing short of impressive.

For me that has fixed the one thing i hated on my car, now it would appear i have the perfect car i have looked for for so long .,,,,,,, ok lets forget the part where i keep wishing i had the estate version to get my bike in more easily.

If you do nothing else to your VRS, get an HID kit

• Like 3

just to say i fitted mine at weekend, difference is nigth and day ( pardon the pun) I fitted 5k canbus ready terminator ones from HID's direct. They match the leds perfectly, light output is staggering, not been flashed once, they light up exactly as i wanted, full beam is nothing short of impressive.

For me that has fixed the one thing i hated on my car, now it would appear i have the perfect car i have looked for for so long .,,,,,,, ok lets forget the part where i keep wishing i had the estate version to get my bike in more easily.

If you do nothing else to your VRS, get an HID kit

Same kit thats in mine.

Glad you like it (:

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone gone for the 55w HID kits? I'm tempted but worried I'll end up damaging the plastic lenses (like I did on my Mk2 Leon) with the extra heat generated.

Also, I've read that 2012 models don't have problems with CAN BUS lights but when I fitted a CREE LED reverse light bulb, I got a bulb out warning on the dash...

Has anyone gone for the 55w HID kits? I'm tempted but worried I'll end up damaging the plastic lenses (like I did on my Mk2 Leon) with the extra heat generated.

Also, I've read that 2012 models don't have problems with CAN BUS lights but when I fitted a CREE LED reverse light bulb, I got a bulb out warning on the dash...

Were the cree's canbus friendly?

The 2012 still had canbus. Just not as clever/complicated

Were the cree's canbus friendly?

The 2012 still had canbus. Just not as clever/complicated

I can't remember, it was probably 3 years ago when I bought it as a group buy on SCN. 

Do you think I would get away with buying the non canbus HID kit then?

I just put some hids in my vrs this morning.

1, I don't like how they fit.

2, the bulb and one of the pastic connecting clips had to be modded so the metal clip would fit.

3, I've picked the wrong bloody colour 6k.

4, to do the job right. I want to take the lights out and put the box inside the lamps so they arn't in the engine bay.

5, wasted my time and money on these crap.

Ant

Which kit was this? (Just so i know not to buy it when the times comes lol)

Nah. If d go for the canbus, not worth risking IMO.

Yeah, you're right. Knowing my luck I'd end up having to send them back if it wasn't canbus friendly haha!

Does anyone know if i will get an error if i was to fit a standard HID kit (non canbus) to my monte? Cos the canbus one is an extra £25...

I've just ordered a 55w canbus HID kit for £33.99 so hardly more expensive. :)

Edited by Dannytsi
  • Like 1

Yeah, you're right. Knowing my luck I'd end up having to send them back if it wasn't canbus friendly haha!

I've just ordered a 55w canbus HID kit for £33.99 so hardly more expensive. :)

Yeah can you let me know how you get on please and show me a pic? Which kit did you buy?

Another question..will i need a Bi-xenon HID kit instead of a normal xenon HID kit if my monte uses the same bulb for main beam and high beam? Does it matter if i get bi-xenon or not?

No, just a canbus h7 kit. The shutter in the headlight unit cuts the beam from full to dip.

• Like 1

Another question..will i need a Bi-xenon HID kit instead of a normal xenon HID kit if my monte uses the same bulb for main beam and high beam? Does it matter if i get bi-xenon or not?

As above.

All you need is a h7 kit. The headlight unit sorts out the rest.

• Like 1