Fitting hids

I finally remembered to take couple photos tonight of my hid-direct 4300k 55w kit, well happy

I think you may have your bulbs in upside down, otaylor what do you think?

There us a black shadow in the beam, it shouldn't be there.

Excellent light output though! I'm thinking of changing my bulbs to a different output. Currently running 6000K but yours look good

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I think you may have your bulbs in upside down, otaylor what do you think?

There us a black shadow in the beam, it shouldn't be there.

Excellent light output though! I'm thinking of changing my bulbs to a different output. Currently running 6000K but yours look good

I did double and triple check that but the bulb can only go in the clip one way and the clip can only mount in the headlight unit one way so as I saw it it was a given???

I'll have to check again now, ocd is a burden from time to time...

Do you mean that black shadow up the middle of both beam patterns?

Looks a little strange.

I couldnt say how its come to be there though

Is it noticeable from inside the car?

Not really, from inside the car it looks fine, to be fair the camera does highlight that alot.

To the naked eye they are not blue at all, the camera doesn't give true colour and changes the light throw. I'm really happy with them, they take about 5 seconds to warm up to full power and during that time the colour changes from blue-ish at cold to really bright white, to the naked eye the led drls/side lights look a hint blue in comparison.

• Like 1

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/index.php?/topic/153508-Fabia-II-HID-Headlight-fitting-guide

Under the fourth picture in post 1 it says

" During dipped operation the light from the bottom of the bulb is obscured by a shutter, and so not used. If the bulb is fitted with the return wire located toward the top of the headlight unit then the return wire will cast a large shadow into the dipped beam, severly reducing the amount of light hitting the road! During dipped operation the light from the bottom of the bulb is obscured by a shutter, and so not used. If the bulb is fitted with the return wire located toward the top of the headlight unit then the return wire will cast a large shadow into the dipped beam, severly reducing the amount of light hitting the road! "

I believe this is what causing the shadow, it does no harm but just changes the beam.

Do you mean that black shadow up the middle of both beam patterns?

Looks a little strange.

I couldnt say how its come to be there though

Is it noticeable from inside the car?

Yeah, the black lines, no light hiring the road. I'm 99% sure the bulbs are upside down.

Iirc the return wire should be at the bottom . It's too much of a pita to check mine though I've gone a bit crazy with insulation tape around the rubber covers.

Edited by jonro2009
  • Like 1

Bloody wind is mental, my fence is down [emoji37] car is safe though so that's nice!

Its mad isnt it.

70mph here yesterday apparently.

Mines quite safe on the drive too (fingers crossed). I've already put next doors bin in their back garden for them, just incase it launched itself onto my car haha

• Like 1

A question to those who bought H7 canbus kit from HID-Direct (HD56-H7/M/4.3K is the symbol.

Did you get 3M pads in your kit?

When I opened the package the box was opened, cables mangled up and no sticky pads at all of any description. Bulbs have no makrings on them of any kind so no way to tell what color temperature they are

Bit disappointing I must admit...

Let me know before I fire a snotty letter to them.

I got mine from car mod shop and there where no sticky pads and no markings on bulbs just on the box.

As far as I know the boxes come without bulbs from the manufacturer and the shop add the bulbs so that's why the box us opened.

A question to those who bought H7 canbus kit from HID-Direct (HD56-H7/M/4.3K is the symbol.

When I opened the package the box was opened, cables mangled up and no sticky pads at all of any description. Bulbs have no makrings on them of any kind so no way to tell what color temperature they are

Mine had all the details on the box, bulb type, wattage etc.

Is it really worth writing a letter over some sticky pads ?

• Like 1

If anyone is interested, I've got a H7 Hids Direct kit, with Canbus ballasts, 4300k 55w, that was removed from my Fabia scout before I sold it. Looks almost new :) and I have some H7 bulb clips to. £25 :)

Yep ordered mine from his direct just chucked together in a box no markings on bulbs, box was marked up different to what I ordered plus no sticky pads plus one of cables looked like it had been used like you said not good service [emoji107]

If you speak to them over the phone and explain what you said then i'm sure they will help you and maybe even send you a new kit to replace it and return yours. They did say to me they assemble the kit themselves and put it all together so it will have been opened. My kit had no pads or markings on the bulbs but works perfectly and haven't had any problems (apart from one bulb was flickering and they sent me 2 new ones the next day). I wouldn't worry about it too much, just make sure it works and performs as it should as that's the most important thing.