Fitting hids

@Prykey - I think I will go and pay a local MOT station a visit, just get it checked on a proper test rig. As for the full beam flash projector lamps as I have them in my vRS use H7 bulbs and a motorised shutter produce a full beam. The shutter is normally lowered and when you want full beam it is raised. Bulbs are on all the time. H4 (I think they have separate dipped and full beam filaments) might be a problem but I don't really know how it works with H4 HID conversion kit.

Not worried about when I'm already driving on dipped beam as I have the same projector headlamps with the shutter mechanism fitted on my Monte Carlo, its when the dipped beam isn't being used and you flash your headlights that I'm worried about.

Not worried about when I'm already driving on dipped beam as I have the same projector headlamps with the shutter mechanism fitted on my Monte Carlo, its when the dipped beam isn't being used and you flash your headlights that I'm worried about.

To be honest. You soon get out of the habit of flashing.

I try not to do it anyway aha

Ah, I see! Fair point

so 55W wont mess up my lens holders I.E melt them? as I'm going to fit 55W into my vrs, can anyone recommend a nice K from hids direct as i want just a slight blue tinge but nothing overly chavy as i dont wanna stereotype my VRS being a young driver and all :)

Wither 5k or 6k. I have 6k in and they have a slight pale blue colour to them, i have the same kit as mine up on ebay atm as it's brand new but it's 35W 6k. Got the same kit in my monte and very very happy with it, both are from Hids direct

Fitted HIDs for hidsdirect on Saturday and they work well.

I however discovered a fault today. I mostly use Spotify to listen to my music but today I wanted to listen to some radio. To my dismay the reception was barely there, distorted with clear reception coming and going every few seconds. Got me thinking. Parked up, switched the HIDs off and hey presto, reception perfect. Lights on I am on the moon reception so bad...

Anybody else experienced this?

Fitted HIDs for hidsdirect on Saturday and they work well.

I however discovered a fault today. I mostly use Spotify to listen to my music but today I wanted to listen to some radio. To my dismay the reception was barely there, distorted with clear reception coming and going every few seconds. Got me thinking. Parked up, switched the HIDs off and hey presto, reception perfect. Lights on I am on the moon reception so bad...

Anybody else experienced this?

Where have you mounted them?

I sometimes get a little bit on radio 2, but that is all.

I think the problem is earthing. So if the ballast is mounted on a metal part of the car, it should be better. I think.

I have attached the ballasts to the bodywork with double sided tape. Just the main ballasts, on both sides, the rest is "loose", hanging about vaguely tucked away - when I have more time and deem it 100% problem free then I will do a more decent install. 

I liked the remark about earthing i.e. if you install using metal brackets the HIDs are properly earthed. Mine are not at the moment. I will do it and see if it helps.

@wrightcnc2009&R1chard - Perhaps you have different radio units, mine one is just standard one (name escapes) and at least one of you has sat nav one? Might be that has a bearing on the reception and your units are more interference resistant?

http://www.rapidonline.com/Mechanical-Fastenings-Fixings/HelaTape-Shield-320-Tinned-Copper-Tape-For-Shielding-25mm-x-4-6m-49-6356/?source=googleps&utm_source=googleps&IncVat=1&gclid=CKvAgNGWpcMCFUzMtAodUmEAoA

Found the above, should be easy to install but not very keen on spending money where I should not be doing so. HID conversion kits from hidsdirect are advertised as compliant with radio interference norms after all!