Superskoda badgeless RS honeycombe grille

Hello everyone. I have a 2012 octy VRS and have bought the Octavia II 09-12 Facelift - racing badgeless grille in RS Honeycomb design - KI-R from Superskoda. Just about to start fitting and realised about the bonnet release mechanism. Has anyone fitted one of these grilles to their car and can you still open the bonnet? It says so on their website but I really can't see how?! The handle ends up sticking out of the grille on my oem grill when opening.

I hope someone knows and can help as have just paid to have it painted and hope it doesn't need modifying. If anyone has any info or guidance that would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a pic of it painted11ff9ea840b3fad2091467d53bbf6285.jpg

Cheers in advance! Rich

Got one on mine. Just remove the safety catch off the bonnet. It's just 3 multi spline bolts.

Thanks for the reply. When you say the safety catch you mean remove the complete bonnet handle altogether? So when I lift the handle in drivers compartment the bonnet can be lifted without having to do anything else?

Any chance of a picture if you have a spare min? Cheers

Seriously it's called a safety catch for a reason! Anyone that's had the misfortune of having a bonnet pop open at speed without one would happy comment on its worth!.

On the instructions it shows cutting the end off just at the curve. Or you could do as above and bend it.

I would however not suggest the first reply!

Sorry should have mentioned for all the prim and proper people that don't do owt wrong or mod there cars! That I have a steel braided tether as a backup!! Can't see the point of buying a nice grill just to cut a chunk out of it. The car has passed it's MOT with this on just incase you wondered. If your bonnet has flipped open must be down to not shutting the bonnet properly or poor workmanship from pre accident. In all my time in the trade I never had a car in for a bonnet catch that has failed and flipped open from factory! When they have failed it has always been in the LOCKED position. X

Sorry should have mentioned for all the prim and proper people that don't do owt wrong or mod there cars! That I have a steel braided tether as a backup!! Can't see the point of buying a nice grill just to cut a chunk out of it. The car has passed it's MOT with this on just incase you wondered. If your bonnet has flipped open must be down to not shutting the bonnet properly or poor workmanship from pre accident. In all my time in the trade I never had a car in for a bonnet catch that has failed and flipped open from factory! When they have failed it has always been in the LOCKED position. X

I take it in all your years in the trade you never work for Renault??massive recall on all mk2 clio bonnet catch failure bonnet would fly open and hit the roof smashing windcreen and causing serious accidents... after seeing this many of time and customer still being called in today for recall I strongly recommend do NOT remove safety catch

Edited by kjaybVrs