Direct Download Link For New Mib Columbus Maps Ece V098 2015 & Amundsen Ece V045 2015

Do the above links still need 7zip or just regular winzip to decompress? I have tried and failed on several occasions to download the Amundsen maps as the 7 zip software will not recognise the files so still using the version that came from the factory in April 2013!

I used 7zip, only because it was on the laptop from the last update.
  • Like 1

I used WinRAR to extract the archive.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_winrar_32

Thanks, will try that, downloading from Andy's link right now. One more question, I assume this is ok for my Gen-1 April 2013 MY13 pre-production, launch weekend order prototype unit! :rofl:
  • Like 1

Download seems to be quicker also, the 6 part files on the web were taking about an hour each, this is heading for a full download in just over an hour, so far so good, just hope I can unzip it this time! Cheers Andy :rofl:

Woo hoo :clap:  :clap:  :clap: , all sorted, I used my old Vista PC rather than my Windows 7 work laptop and it just extracted the contents of the folder using windows file manager.  As far as I am aware I have not got winzip or any other such software installed on this PC!

Anyway, backed up and formatted the SD card, copied the contents of the extracted folder over and worked first time.  I'm now convinced the links to the 7z files on the Skoda approved website are corrupt or overly complicated for some reason?

Andy, is it possible for mere mortals to check your source for future updates, if so, can you provide a link?

So just to confirm the process.

Copy the extracted files to an external HD and then plug into the USB port on my Elegance with the Infotainment switched on?

Should I see something happen? Onscreen instructions etc.?

So just plug it in? Where does it save the data?

Ah... just realised that you're talking about an Amundsen unit... in a thread about Columbus!

You have to update the files on the SD card that comes with your Amundsen - whereas the Columbus has an integrated SSD which stores the files, so you can copy them via either an SD card or a USB stick.  Sorry for the confusion.

No worries guys everyone's just trying to be helpful. If I hadn't seen the thread in the first place I wouldn't even have realised there was an update - all good!

I'll get the files copied to the SD card tomorrow and refer to the PDF instructions.

:happy:

Cheers andyvee. I updated mine via your link yesterday. The compressed zip uploaded to my mac in a a jiffy. Then I thought I had hit a snag, as it 'failed to decompress'. I realised it was probably because I had third party Zipeg software installed. Anyhow, I let zipeg do it's thing for about two hours.... 

Loaded it onto a usb stick. (Another long wait), with the intention of slotting into the car's port, and letting the Amundsen overwrite the old with new. 

Copied the old maps onto my machine, via a sd reader just in case. (Long wait)

Then I thought I would just stick the files directly onto the sd card, via the mac. So...

I plugged my sd into the reader again and dumped the old files off, with great trepidation.

I ran Blue Harvest on the SD card to block mac metadata

Loaded the new 2015 maps onto the sd card. Towards the end of the transfer it threw up another error, ' Could not copy Markets as that file all ready exists'

I was now convinced the process was a massive waste of time, but looked into the files that had transferred. Markets had, but the 'vde' folder within was missing.

I then just copied that over ( 1.27 GB )

This morning I jumped into the car and stuck the SD nav card in, and... Viola!! 2015 maps, with what I am sure are a few subtle upgrades.

I know for defo. that the maps are BANG up to date, as a couple of weeks ago I took my son to play a football match in Barnsley,

The postcode provided for the school took us to a small lane with a dead end! The school was brand new so was not on the database of the old 2013 maps.

I re loaded the Barnsley postcode this morning,and there was the shiny new school located just off it's brand new access roundabout and road absent from the old map :-)

• Like 1

Being shall we say "an oldie & not good with computers" can someone offer me the next step?

Using the Amundsen link on andyvee's post I downloaded the file (6Gb). When I have saved the current data on the SD card & formatted it do I just drag the download to the SD card & that is the job done? Does it automatically unzip the file to the SD card.

Thanks

YOu need to extract the files first:

Assuming you are using windows...

Find the file you downloaded in windows explorer, right click and select Extract All.

It will prompt you for a folder. Change it if you want.. Click Extract

Now go to that folder you created and open it.

In another window, open the SD card.

Then go back to the first window and drag and drop both the contained file and folder onto the now empty folder for the SD card.

This will also take a long time.

"Safely remove" the SD card and insert into the car

BTW there is a little white slider on the side of the SD card. If you fail to format, then remove card and move the slider.

.. Sorry if I'm telling you something you already know ..

Edited by billat29

Many thanks for your reply billat29. It is Windows so will give it a go.

I didn't know any of the info - in my schooldays slates & chalk was high tech so I struggle with what kids now learn from an early age!!!!

So..... I've downloaded the file from the link provided by Andy.

Which saved it to my computer as a .zip file. Then right click and extracted it to my memory card. Put it in my car which is now saying no update files found...

Any ideas?