Direct Download Link For New Mib Columbus Maps Ece V098 2015 & Amundsen Ece V045 2015

So..... I've downloaded the file from the link provided by Andy.

Which saved it to my computer as a .zip file. Then right click and extracted it to my memory card. Put it in my car which is now saying no update files found...

Any ideas?

Columbus or Amundsen?

What do you have in the root of the SD card, a single folder or a few folders? If it is a single folder, copy the contents of the folder to the root and then delete the folder. The card can be formatted as FAT32 or ntfs but exfat doesn't work.

What do you have in the root of the SD card, a single folder or a few folders? If it is a single folder, copy the contents of the folder to the root and then delete the folder. The card can be formatted as FAT32 or ntfs but exfat doesn't work.

I have a single folder and one more file. Card is formatted as NTFS.

Updated my Amundsen maps yesterday with no issues:-

downloaded the file at the beginning of this thread

delete all files on the car sd card (I copied them to my pc just in case of problems)

unzip the file to the sd card (I used winzip with no problems)

you should have a small file called DBinfo.txt and a large folder called Markets on the card

put the card back in the car and now everything works as normal (still has all my stored destinations present)

Thanks guys for all the help with this. It couldn't be easier!!

• Like 1

What has been changed with the update? also system files or new functions?

If you follow the complete process by entering your VIN, there is also a small "bluetooth" compatability update for some owners (like me - Columbus Unit).

But no new funtions for MIB1 owners (yet.???).

It appears to be slightly different - a folder is missing in the v045  version, but the map data on the surface appears the same.

I would download the v045 version if you have already downloaded the v044. It wouldn't unpack with 7zip for me, but WinRAR worked fine.

It appears to be slightly different - a folder is missing in the v045  version, but the map data on the surface appears the same.

I would download the v045 version if you have already downloaded the v044. It wouldn't unpack with 7zip for me, but WinRAR worked fine.

Thanks (again)...downloaded successfully and it works.

IMG_1037.jpg

• Like 1

Andy,

The vde sub folder is absent. I'm not 100% sure but think this folder may have something to do with poi's.

The file is a little odd as most archivers seem to see only an empty compressed windows zip folder. But as you say WinRAR unpacks it.

I've downloaded it and installed it and can confirm it does appear to work. The map version is now  reported as 5E005....ECE2015.  

By chance, I'm doing a long journey tomorrow (Sunday) with plenty of sat nav work, so will be able to test this new edition more thoroughly. Of course, the problem is if some of the built-in poi data is missing, it may be difficult to spot.

BTW. This is on an Amundsen using a Win7 laptop for the file maintenance.

Regards MM   

Yep, I noticed that folder was missing, but not having an Amundsen I can't comment on functionality.

This is the file as downloaded with the official Skoda downloader, so why they have removed that folder I don't know. All I have done is provided a direct link to the same file as my AV and Malware protection both try to block the official downloader from running as it is trying to directly download files and isn't a known app.