All out of ideas.. please help!

Ackadappa

What is the part number on the injectors? According to my usual source of parts info, partscats.info, there are two distinct part numbers for different chassis- number ranges, for AQW engines, 047906031 for earlier cars, 047906031C for later ones.  Are you 100% sure you haven't been sold the wrong one of those two?.  I don't know what the difference is, but it could easily include a different connector shape. See here: http://www.partscats.info/skoda/en/?i=cat_vag_models&brand=sk&number=42&set=45&ein=2002&f=225&hauptgr=1234567890&hg=1&grf=013335194&bf=13345&hgug=133&ug=33&parent_id=45281

I have replaced the injectors but have hit a problem...
The part numbers are identical but the injector loom/connector is a different shape. The old ones were more squared whereas the new one are rounded so i cannot connect them up.
P.s ... the old injectors were pretty filthy so im hoping that was the problem..
Any help is appreciated!!

Do you have, or can you borrow, a multimeter?

Testing the coil resistance of each injector is something the cleaning service should include; but it's probably worth your while pre-emptively checking them to save wasting any time if one of them does turn out to be electrically 'questionable'.  If there's an odd-one-out with a noticeably different resistance to the other 3, and it was the one feeding cylinder 3, you're probably in a good position to blame that injector for the misfire.

Have you tried swapping the coil packs to see if the fault moves cylinders. Can;t always guarantee a new coil pack will be top notch, same with the spark plug, swap 3 with 1 and see what happens, if the warning moves then you have your culprit, if not check the gaps

Changed injectors with no effect.. so changed sparks again!

Problem seems to have gone and no EML anymore.

Feel like such an idiot but they were the second set of sparks in there so i got unlucky twice!

Thanks for all the help and advice given and if the problem returns ill be back haha..