Honda New Type R 2015 prices , spec and release dates

vrskeith

No,just ****ed off Tom that people ignore the question and go off on a tangent. Brought the Honda thread back up as the Ford boys ignoring the other soon to be released offering. Honda have kept quiet about the the mechanicals on offer. Chavey look but might be an interesting package underneath.

Edited by vrskeith

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Latest update:O-62 in 5.7 sec, with 306bhp. 167mph top speed.http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-geneva-motor-show/new-2015-honda-civic-type-r-‘sets-hot-hatch-pace’

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/civic/85978/honda-civic-type-r-2015-full-details-revealed

http://www.evo.co.uk/honda/civic-type-r/15399/honda-civic-type-r-2015-preview-306bhp-and-0-60-in-57-seconds

'Ring time quoted as FWD record ,just hope it was a standard car and no subtle changes leaked out at a later date.

Edited by vrskeith

Latest update:O-62 in 5.7 sec, with 306bhp. 167mph top speed.http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-geneva-motor-show/new-2015-honda-civic-type-r-‘sets-hot-hatch-pace’

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/civic/85978/honda-civic-type-r-2015-full-details-revealed

http://www.evo.co.uk/honda/civic-type-r/15399/honda-civic-type-r-2015-preview-306bhp-and-0-60-in-57-seconds

So the car is running on bespoked compound rubber.

'Ring time quoted as FWD record ,just hope it was a standard car and no subtle changes leaked out at a later date.

Edited by vrskeith

(Even brown) ring times, meaningless willy waving

Yawn.

because 7m 50.63s < 7m 58.4s ? :-P but in all seriousness, right now, how else are companies going to compare their quick versions? any x to y type acceleration test is too open to manipulation

I don't think a ring time has any more significance, who the hell drives on a road remotely close to a track, except for a few seconds on a big sighted bend, early on a sunny summer Sunday morning when everyone else is still in bed. At least 0-60 and 30-70 times have been tested on almost every car. I just think the ring has suddenly become a fashionable marketing tool that doesn't have that much relevance to a car driven in the real world on public roads. Tbh I'd rather see someone thrape it silly a la ken block style, or even have scantily clad models draped over it as a more convincing argument to buy it!

• Like 2

I'm in a belligerent mood this evening, and feel the need to demonstrate how slow around the ring one if these hit hatches actually is when driven by a *normal* driver. Crashing in a high speed fireball might make them all think twice about showing off in the future.

I don't think a ring time has any more significance, who the hell drives on a road remotely close to a track, except for a few seconds on a big sighted bend, early on a sunny summer Sunday morning when everyone else is still in bed. At least 0-60 and 30-70 times have been tested on almost every car. I just think the ring has suddenly become a fashionable marketing tool that doesn't have that much relevance to a car driven in the real world on public roads. Tbh I'd rather see someone thrape it silly a la ken block style, or even have scantily clad models draped over it as a more convincing argument to buy it!

Some of us do Track Days.  Which is a road quite similar to a track.

Or maybe a track kind of similar to a road, but faster, safer and everyone goes in the same direction. :D

It's when a car with decent power and sporty handling makes a lot of sense, rather than just driving it to work and having loads of power/control you can't use for more than a second or two.

It's also a lot more fun. :)

So while the "ring time" may be largely irrelevent to a lot of people, I'd imagine a fair few of the current hyper-hatches will end up on track days sooner or later.

They just need to fall into the hands of owners who are willing to see what the car can do.

Rather than those have it for bragging purposes or badge snobbery.

It's a simple way of comparing cars when they are driven flat out by profesional drivers.

So 80% pub talk and marketting, but 20% indication how they'll compare on track.

Maybe not so good for owners buying on a PCP worried about breaking or crashing them, but good for selling cars and those buying them outright later and willing to test them properly.

I understand that really Richard, I'm speaking in on behalf of those less fortunate who don't seem to be able to find the time or money to do it!

I still think the ring is a bit of marketing BS, personally I'd rather read a road test or road tests by some of the better journos but that's just me, maybe I'm being too cynical. Anyhow, today the sun is out here, looking forward to getting back to blighty and honing my skills on the M25 'ring when I get back later!

• Like 2

Absolutely adore the look of it! I can imagine in person it'll look epic.

Only thing I'm concerned about it, will the ride be brutal and unforgiving and VTech engines are quite tedious after a while.

I prefer the look of the Type R to the Audi S1, but for similar money and performance I'd still rather have an S1. :/

Absolutely adore the look of it! I can imagine in person it'll look epic.

Only thing I'm concerned about it, will the ride be brutal and unforgiving and VTech engines are quite tedious after a while.

I prefer the look of the Type R to the Audi S1, but for similar money and performance I'd still rather have an S1. :/

This will be like no petrol VTEC engine that you have driven before, it has a turbo.

Some of us do Track Days. Which is a road quite similar to a track.

Or maybe a track kind of similar to a road, but faster, safer and everyone goes in the same direction. :D

It's when a car with decent power and sporty handling makes a lot of sense, rather than just driving it to work and having loads of power/control you can't use for more than a second or two.

It's also a lot more fun. :)

So while the "ring time" may be largely irrelevent to a lot of people, I'd imagine a fair few of the current hyper-hatches will end up on track days sooner or later.

They just need to fall into the hands of owners who are willing to see what the car can do.

Rather than those have it for bragging purposes or badge snobbery.

It's a simple way of comparing cars when they are driven flat out by profesional drivers.

So 80% pub talk and marketting, but 20% indication how they'll compare on track.

Maybe not so good for owners buying on a PCP worried about breaking or crashing them, but good for selling cars and those buying them outright later and willing to test them properly.

but a ring time is (at least?) as much about the individual driver's skill and bottle as it is the car. I do get what it's about but it's pretty much entirely irrelevant to the majority of owners, still makes for interesting reading/talking though :)

but a ring time is (at least?) as much about the individual driver's skill and bottle as it is the car. I do get what it's about but it's pretty much entirely irrelevant to the majority of owners, still makes for interesting reading/talking though :)

But all the lap times are set by highly qualified drivers with racing experience that know the track well.

So arguably they are comparible.

In the real world bottle will make a Clio RS driver quicker than GT-R driver.  But not at the level when both drivers really know their stuff.

It's handy for direct comparisons.  For boasting, pub talk and selling cars to people that might track them one day.

For example, the Nismo GT-R in full N-Attack package is around 10 seconds faster than a stock MY14 GT-R on the ring.