Honda New Type R 2015 prices , spec and release dates

vrskeith

• 3 weeks later...

So the New Model would seem pretty good in comparison (price, spec and looks?).:http://www.topgear.com/uk/honda/civic-type-r/road-test/mugen-200-driven

But perhaps it hasn't got the same old driving "hair shirt" characteristics.

Anyone on Briskoda going to place an order for the New Model Type R?

• 1 month later...

Honda really need a new ar5e designer. Front not bad, sides ok (bit chavvy maybe), ar5e.....like a bag of spanners.

27.5mpg seems pretty good really for what it is and I doubt those guys were driving for economy ever.

The looks would put me off, I don't mind wings and vents but the cars basic styling is just wrong. Honda seem to have taken a few wrong turns over recent years dropping good engineering for style, or what passes for style at Honda. It's a pity, as a UK manufacturer it would be nice to think their cars were a viable alternative to the usual suspects. The last time I spent my own money on a Honda was for one of these, bought new, and it was a great little car.    

post-108920-0-69630700-1433264055_thumb.jpg    

• Like 1

Finally getting forced induction then

What it really needed imho

Also looks bigger than before,my 54 plate was just the right size and about as big as I'd wanna go

Hard to see who they're aiming at with this

Mid sized car aimed at a midlife crisis :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

One of these overtook me this morning albeit a dangerous overtake whilst I was doing 60 on a NSL B road...

He didn't get very far. Like the twin exhausts but not so keen on the spoiler. Looks very aftermarket and out of place.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Possible use of motor industry media words there.

'UK Dealers have placed orders for 800 cars'.

So have 800 customers placed orders with Honda Dealers in the UK,

which is different,

How many dealers are there, and how many have Demonstrators going to them for 3 months,

and a car in the Showroom before being first registered to a customer or as a Demonstrator.

• Like 1

Appreciate what you say George but still early days since launch.

It will be interesting to see how soon I see a few on the roads locally.

Some will be employee cars to give a bit of local visibility as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting hot hatch group test in EVO. Megane, golf, leon, civic and M135i in that order.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Interesting, guess it depends on the parameters set out in the test . Will sneak a look at the mag

Extract from Evo review of the Golf R March 2015,so what's changed :Think of it as a Golf GTI with a reprogrammed ability map that comes into its own beyond 8/10ths, where the less powerful front-drive car would be starting to get distinctly ragged, and you’ll have a fair idea of the Golf R’s exceptional skill set.

If it lacks the nth degree of hardcore conviction and precision that make the RS Megane such a sublime driving tool, it arguably more than compensates with a fully-rounded repertoire of practical everyday abilities as well as the sophistication, myriad refinements and build excellence synonymous with the Golf. A potent package in every sense.

Edited by vrskeith

4 testers, road and track. Leon fastest around track if that means anything. It's a good, typically well thought out test as you'd expect from them. What is surprising is how quickly all of them put the BMW last

What is amazing about the very good and efficient Seat Leon Cupra 265 / 280 is how much depreciation there is with them right from being registered.

Fantastic value as a used car even with only 500 miles on them, let alone once they are near 1 year old

and never yet had a private owner.

I doubt there is any other 3 / 5 door Hot Hatch in the UK that gives more bang for your buck for so little money.

A great buy as a keeper if you are on the market for a 'used' Hot Hatch around 20 - £23,000.

Even the new 280 Estate with DSG for under £24,000.

• Like 3

4 testers, road and track. Leon fastest around track if that means anything. It's a good, typically well thought out test as you'd expect from them. What is surprising is how quickly all of them put the BMW last

Read that last night.

A good report which also showed the benefit of a manufacturer fitting the best tyres.  Golf seemed let down by the choice of factory rubber.