Honda New Type R 2015 prices , spec and release dates

vrskeith

Let's see how many would put their money down and splash out £55,000 + on a M3.

Personally no. I doubt ill ever splash serious cash on a fast car. I get more if a buzz from bikes. And you really do get a buzz when the back end steps out...

But ive got friends that will and do. FWD isnt the configuration for fast cars and fun imo.

Didn't they used to give a weight penalty to the RWD cars in the British Touring races? Something like 50kg of ballast or something. I should really remember as I used to cover them when we did Silverstone GP and the like, but it has all faded into the mists of my life :(

Didn't they used to give a weight penalty to the RWD cars in the British Touring races? Something like 50kg of ballast or something. I should really remember as I used to cover them when we did Silverstone GP and the like, but it has all faded into the mists of my life :(

They're always trying to 'neutralise' the RWD advantage.

At the moment it's the jump off the line that the BMW's get, so they've been forced into using a shorter 1st gear ratio...which hasn't worked that much! Especially at tracks with a sloping grid.

It's funny, but it seems the way these days that if one team through it's implementation of technology/development, gains a superiority over it's competitors, they powers that be try to enforce rule changes to slow that leader down. It's the same with F1 and several other forms of motorsport. I'd rather see a proactive approach, but hey, there you go :( 

I had a look at the Type R BTCC pictures and realised that at least in Touring Cars, it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb in the looks department :D Boy those cars look gaudy

Looks like the Civic Type R continues to crush the opposition. I dread to think of the augments this car will cause in a few years time. Civic Trolls will no doubt come out of the woodwork with the temerity to claim it's even faster than the 2.0 Petrol Fabia!

Anyhoo here is a multi-car review (Megane, Golf and Civic)

Whilst out & about today I saw these two at our local Honda dealership.

20150810_143918_zpspgy3cnec.jpg

20150810_143749_zps8g83hzeg.jpg

20150810_144140_zpsaqazbu9v.jpg

The red car belongs to a customer waiting to pick it up and the blue car is their demo car.  They won't sell the demo at the moment and the waiting time as of today is apparently November.

The cars looked better in the metal than in my photos and the press images I've seen but those 19" wheels seem lost against the car as a whole.  I had to check that they were 19" and not 18".  Also, from the rear three quarter angle, the wheels seem to sit too far into the bodywork, not like the concept car that we all saw for months in the press.  I was still impressed by the car and would love to have a drive but the prices are eye watering compared to the original CTR, they simply aren't as accessible to the normal working bloke any more.  Shame.

• Like 1

still not impressed personally, lot of money for what is at end of the day just a Honda.  My money would be going on something like the Golf r or M235i.

Also for me it's not a real Type R, Type R is high revving NA with race car engineering. I'll stick with my NA Type R for now thanks, the one that is raw and with no extras bolted on

• Like 1

Lucky you!  Let us know how you get on with the car.

Will be great for this old fart - init Bro!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhY9v_lL6Fg

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/new/civic-type-r-2015/offers.html

Edited by vrskeith

I'd seen the video before but am glad you brought it back to my attention.  I'm going to get very geeky here but at 36 seconds there's a shot of the rear wheel arch & the wheel fills the arch nicely.  Look at the pics from today and it's nothing like the video.  This niggles a Rain Man like me as it's kind of like false advertising. If I was in a position to be able to buy a car before they were released, as the chap has done here in Scarborough, then I'd want it to look like it does in the film. It'd really bug me every time I looked at it from the day I collected the car as the reality isn't the same as the car I'd been sold. 

Some people don't mind these kind of things and will never notice but as the designer Charles Eames said 'The details are not the details.  They make the design'.  As I said - geeky. :D

• Like 1

Just to prove how geeky and OCD I am, here's the comparison. :(

Arches_zps9ugcnytx.jpg

As I said, to some people it'll not even register but for me the small details are sometimes more important.

next you'll be telling me it wasn't even shot at the ring...........................................................

Brands hatch i think

funniest thing is , whats the Hell???????  i think they wanted to use the common name of Green hell, but failed to get permission from copyright owners.....lol  only know that as our project recently picked up the copyright which nobody held.

next you'll be telling me it wasn't even shot at the ring...........................................................

Brands hatch i think

funniest thing is , whats the Hell???????  i think they wanted to use the common name of Green hell, but failed to get permission from copyright owners.....lol  only know that as our project recently picked up the copyright which nobody held.

I suppose it's sort of a combination of king of the hill and green hell, what with it beating it's fwd rivals around the Nurburgring

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure what he was actually saying about "adaptive dampers so it bounces around". Plus it sounds like... A VAG! Like an F1 car then, quelle surprise.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

F1 cars sound like electric cows

F1 cars sound like electric cows

So do turbo charged 2litre hatchbacks.

I wouldn't buy one, if I wanted that much visual loudness I'd buy a Ford. 4 pipes to allow it to breathe? Yeah, that's why a mildly tickled VAG 2 litre can out horse the Honda and probably obliterate it's torque figure. It was a crap review which is a shame, but I guess for the majority of car buyers science doesn't play much of a role in the decision making process! I'm more titillated by the potential remapability of the Honda, and how it drives with 380bhp+ without any other mods :)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Any members placed an order or put down a deposit on Type R yet.

Very rare sight except in dealerships for demo. Anyone know how many have been registered in the UK?

• 1 month later...

The new Civic, is just a face lift of the old civic, so not going to be that different.

They may have done some nice things to the Civic, but even on the 1.6 engine, the vtec is quite entertaining.

You do have to turn off the default on eco mode or it doesn't go so well, but on a motorway slip road the "I've got vtec ho" moment is quite noticeable.

My Local Demo Type R, enjoyed the test drive, albeit short. Good fun!

A bit loud for me, in more ways than one

http://usedcars.honda.co.uk/Civic-Type-R/2.0-i-VTEC-Type-R-GT/Chippenham/4285874-605193740-2993715.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

Not much of a price drop yet 35 cars on website.

http://usedcars.honda.co.uk/vehicle.aspx?wflw=se_na_ve_vi&ctr=3037329&vhl=605216710&srcmdc=se_na_re_

Edited by vrskeith