vRS back on 2.9% PCP

As of today the vRS has had its finance campaign changed to the low rate 2.9% PCP.

Previously this 3.5% FLAT.

3 years or 30,000 miles servicing can also be added for just £199.

Please note that it does state a maximum contract length of 36 months.

That's some low rate finance again chaps and chapesses.

• Like 4

Good news! Even if you already have a Skoda, do yourself a favour and chop it in for one of these...

IMG_3599_zps50f75cfa.jpg

I don't regret it, and I'm on a higher %age deal.

(BTW mine is the metal grey one...)

Edited by London Les

It is worth it just for the sound in sport mode over 4000 rpm full throttle. Made a good friend of mine scream on an empty stretch of dual carriageway in Devon! It's been a lot of fun. After years of driving diesels, it's brilliant.

• Like 1

Holy smoke Batman, thanks for the post!! However will this apply if I haven't picked up my Skoda yet. It is due in a couple of weeks but I haven't signed the finance application yet. Can I ask the dealer that I want the finance done under the new rate now? 

Glad the 'novelty' has not worn off yet Les  :thumbup: 

SWMBO's run around isn't half bad either  :D 

My wife and I immediately drove to the pub after collecting the car. There were no other cars in the car park and the GT3 man parked alongside, and complimented me on the car! We then did a bit of mutual car love and then had a pint - very civilised indeed. Really felt like I'd arrived in petrolhead world. (Wife rolls eyes and orders wine...)

Is this going to be the q1 deal on the vrs, or does anyone know if it will be bettered, doesnt exactly make you want to rush out and buy one, im thinking of getting a hatch in march as I cant get some classic ford body panels in the boot where my mk2hatch swallowed them up,as the tailgate apperture is a lot bigger than an estate, an oversight on my part when i bought it,

At a guess it could be the Q1 offer, but alwaýs subject to change :smile:

2.9% rep. APR with 3 services for £199 doesn't sound terrible at all. Without looking; thats what, 1.25% flat rate? Unless there's a 0% loan out there for £20k+ I don't think many companies will beat that, but I'll stand to be corrected.

It's getting better....nearly good enough to be tempted. Be interesting to see what discount is possible and p/X I'd get for my 59 plate CR dsg estate.

And yes I do want blood out of a stone too

At a guess it could be the Q1 offer, but alwaýs subject to change :smile:

2.9% rep. APR with 3 services for £199 doesn't sound terrible at all. Without looking; thats what, 1.25% flat rate? Unless there's a 0% loan out there for £20k+ I don't think many companies will beat that, but I'll stand to be corrected.

Not as good as 0% with 3free service is it, like what I have now, and what most of the range has

You need a petrol VRS, believe me! Life is short and you can easily pay for one by cutting out non-essentials like food and Christmas presents for people you don't really like!

I have a tdi vrs estate,i dont need the expense of running a petrol one, and dont give presents to those i dont like,agree petrol one is a bit more fun to drive, but to me the vrs is just an a to b car, I get more fun out of driving my classic fords,which is unpredictable driving as you dont know when its going to break down

I'd rather this thread not be swamped with the fact that it is not 0% on vRS. 

Some people got 0%, some didn't - the lucky of everyones timing.

The thread is put up to let everyone know of current deals, no point scoring, it's just information.

If the thread gets 2 posts or 2,000 it makes no difference to me, but if someone somewhere reads it and can save themselves a few quid over borrowing from elsewhere, surely that's the point?

If the 0% comes back then brilliant, but until then people will have to weigh up the options of a bank loan etc over financing with VWFS  :)

• Like 4

I wasn't moaning about not being on 0%. It's a good deal. At the moment most are set at a higher rate. Even MINI are down to 1.9% on selected models. Though 30k for a mini is crazy.

So I'm sure this has been answered before but if someone ordered now it would stay at this offer unless a lower rate came along? Or is it fixed?

I'd rather this thread not be swamped with the fact that it is not 0% on vRS. 

Some people got 0%, some didn't - the lucky of everyones timing.

The thread is put up to let everyone know of current deals, no point scoring, it's just information.

If the thread gets 2 posts or 2,000 it makes no difference to me, but if someone somewhere reads it and can save themselves a few quid over borrowing from elsewhere, surely that's the point?

If the 0% comes back then brilliant, but until then people will have to weigh up the options of a bank loan etc over financing with VWFS  :)

The heads up of current deals is always appreciated. I'm part way through a pcp and will not be changing at the moment but always make a mental note of what is going on then I can balance up the deals in 2016 and judge whether it is a real deal or not.

Many thanks.

Better than the 7.4% I was originally planned to be on, so I for one am very grateful to the OP as I contacted my dealer and got him to confirm that I will be able to take advantage of the lower rate and lower servicing cost. Given my car is a week away from delivery I was delighted with the savings.

Not as good as 0% with 3free service is it, like what I have now, and what most of the range has

Not fixed until you sign the finance contract which generally isn't until a couple of days before delivery. So I was lucky enough to get this new rate instead of the 7.4% I was originally quoted when I ordered my vRS, which I should take delivery of next week

I wasn't moaning about not being on 0%. It's a good deal. At the moment most are set at a higher rate. Even MINI are down to 1.9% on selected models. Though 30k for a mini is crazy.

So I'm sure this has been answered before but if someone ordered now it would stay at this offer unless a lower rate came along? Or is it fixed?

£55 a month or £2300 over the life of the loan so a big deal for me!!

Whats it work out less than £20 a month less on your average PCP whilst a step in the right direction, it ain't that big a deal hence, the lack of posts in this 1 day old thread.

tasmanuk, I'm glad for you that you've got a bigger saving than I estimated but, is that £55 a month from the outgoing 3.5% or the 7.9% you originally ordered at ?

No points scoring going on, I just want to know if my rough math is really that bad.

See Lee, a bit of a controversial point made and the thread count doubles in less than 20 hours, commission not required before you enquire.

Regards

T

Turns out this deal was too good to be true for me. When I ordered my car I managed to negotiate over £3000 off the list price so my dealer is saying because I did that there is no margin for them to know offer me the lower PCP rate. I can have that rate (with the cheaper servicing) if I pay the list price for the car. They are going to work out the monthly payments on the lower finance to see if it makes a difference. I think I will be better off taking the discount on the car price but I will wait and see. Need to factor in the saving on servicing too.

It was worth a try though.