1.0 Turbo on the way

RapidRonnie

Some news/info from the Czech Republic regarding Citigo engines:

- The engine blocks for the current NA 1.0s are cast in Mlada Boleslav and then shipped to Chemnitz in Germany for assembly, before going back east to Bratislava. A bit weird, as virtually the same 1.0 for the Citigo and Polo is fully built in MB but apparently other components used in Bratislava are also built in Chemnitz so they are then all shipped to Bratislava together. Maybe Skoda don't have the capacity to build all of them? Anyway... 

- The long awaited turbo version of the 1.0 engine should begin production next year in Mlada Boleslav for installation in the UpMiiGo, and possibly the Fabia and Rapid.

Hopefully they won't just put it in the up!

Source: http://ekonom.ihned.cz/c1-63219020-skoda-auto-chysta-novy-motor-ktery-by-z-modelu-citigo-udelal-maleho-dabla

• Like 1

110 bhp I posted this a whole ago.

The same engine that is in the new Polo

It's not in the new Polo.. the 110 BHP engine in the Polo/Fabia is a 1.2.

I suppose the 1.0 Turbo will replace the 90BHP 1.2TSI.

Is that the same engine just announced in the Audi A1? That one produces 94 BHP so I suppose that will replace the 90BHP 1.2 TSI. Seems a lot of trouble producing a new engine only to be replaced so soon. 94 BHP will make the Citigo fly!

I have been to mlada bolslav and watched them make them :)

the turbo would be nice, chipped to 120bhp would make a proper little hot go-kart :)

maybe even temp ash away from her impending abarth.... but hang on... the abarth is 135bhp........ lowest. 190 bhp highest ..... hhmmmmmm

would make a nice "warm hatch" but not a hot hatch ;)

certainly bee a nice option though! fun AND cheap running ? bargin :)

Is that the same engine just announced in the Audi A1? That one produces 94 BHP so I suppose that will replace the 90BHP 1.2 TSI. Seems a lot of trouble producing a new engine only to be replaced so soon. 94 BHP will make the Citigo fly!

The 90bhp 1.2tsi will just be a detuned version of the 110bhp 1.2, which I'm sure they'll keep.

^^ nice find :)  I love the fact that skoda is making engines for audi lol... when I was in the factory at mlada boleslav, and watching them make engines, I asked the guide "so where does the twincharger in my vRS come from?" generally the only engine with problems in the fabia range... "thats made by audi in Germany" he says lol...

• Like 3

Id be very surprised if it makes it into citi/mii/up.. theres no market, direct competition for it.

As said above, and in the Autocar article, its a replacement for the 1.2tsi and go in fabia/polo etc.

Id be very surprised if it makes it into citi/mii/up.. theres no market, direct competition for it.

As said above, and in the Autocar article, its a replacement for the 1.2tsi and go in fabia/polo etc.

New Twingo Renault sport?

Adam S?

Volkswagen will be missing a trick if they don't slot this engine into the UP/Citgo/Mii! Not everyone in this sector is looking for bargain basement, and a fun car that does not cost a bomb will surely sell. A warm citigo with the 94BHP 1.0 TFSI engine selling for £11k I will be very interested. 

Volkswagen will be missing a trick if they don't slot this engine into the UP/Citgo/Mii! Not everyone in this sector is looking for bargain basement, and a fun car that does not cost a bomb will surely sell. A warm citigo with the 94BHP 1.0 TFSI engine selling for £11k I will be very interested. 

I imagine with that engine we could expect no less than £12-13.5k. £11 would be optimistic; a Greentech elegance with a few extras is £11k.