Do tattoo's offend you.

BO60BYS

Do tattoo's offend you !  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Well the questions in the title. Do tattoo's offend you

I think that's the issue. They'd want to see it all, from all sides.

Certainly that's what a serving relative advises may have been the problem rather than having a tattoo itself. As in could be seen as hiding something.

His force wants pics of any tattoo even if they are hidden by shirts or trousers to check for stuff like neo Nazi and anything else 'extremist' which could lead to a conflict of interest or potentially bring the force into disrepute.

No I did send a full length pic you could see everything ?

No I did send a full length pic you could see everything ?

Might have been the content then.

Just a pattern you'd have probably been fine.

Could always try a neighbouring force, as it's usually recommended you don't work for the force covering where you live.

• Like 1

Might have been the content then.

Just a pattern you'd have probably been fine.

Could always try a neighbouring force, as it's usually recommended you don't work for the force covering where you live.

I think i would be a lot better in the area i live *not the immediate area* Merseyside is a large place. I would be lost if you put me somewhere like chester or warrington. 

Just think it sucks to be honest.

I personally feel people who discriminate against tattoos is on par with discrimination against race !

I wouldn't say the same as you have no choice what race you are born, you do however, have the choice to have tattoos printed onto your skin, and also you have the choice just what the tattoos consist of.

Tattoos do not offend me nor do they make me respect someone for having one (the one exception perhaps would be a regiment shield/emblem on the arm of a serviceman/woman).

I do not think you should be discriminated against if your tattoos can easily be hidden.

Similar to what others have said however: if there were two identical candidates for a position, the one difference being that one had a tattoo with the writing 'cut here' with a dashed line across his/her neck, I would sooner employ the one without. Prejudice I suppose, it is not fair or professional as what the person has written on their skin is nothing to do with me, but that is my honest opinion.

JRJG

Iv got a fair amount and due to a hatred of doing anything with long sleeves their nearly always on show and i cant say iv had an issues with them(other than one bigot in a takeaway one night) infact its usaly a good conversation point when speaking to customers and such.

I was planning on joining the armed forces a few years back and aslong as it wasnt offencsive or covering your neck or hands it was fine(still think it was down to their discreation though)

Not offended by them but I find them pointless. Saw a daft one today waiting in the queue in Primark. Stood behind a young lady who had some stars inked into the back of her neck and a word, had a closer look and it said mum. Not really thought about that one IMO. First off she's never going to bloody see it but secondly her boyfriend/husband (or girlfriend if she bats for the other side) will if they fancy a bit of 'from behind' action.  :D . I guess there are some that might get off on seeing the word mum staring at them as they are going hammer and tong but I would think the majority would find it a bit off putting.  :x

Not offended by them but I find them pointless. Saw a daft one today waiting in the queue in Primark. Stood behind a young lady who had some stars inked into the back of her neck and a word, had a closer look and it said mum. Not really thought about that one IMO. First off she's never going to bloody see it but secondly her boyfriend/husband (or girlfriend if she bats for the other side) will if they fancy a bit of 'from behind' action. :D . I guess there are some that might get off on seeing the word mum staring at them as they are going hammer and tong but I would think the majority would find it a bit off putting. :x

Not a problem

By the time I'd have read it,it'll all be over. :)

• Like 3

Can't say as I've ever found tattoos offensive, however, in deciding to have one, you need to consider how this will be seen by others. Back in the day, teenage rebellion was often appearance related, but mostly hair / clothes. Today's younger generation have kind of run out of ideas, possibly because their parents generation mostly exhausted the options for ****ing off the generation of parents before. Options left, tattoos!

So what are you saying about yourself with the decision to ink yourself? Depends who is looking of course, some will see a badge of membership to whatever. Some may see a person trying to use the visual language of tougher generations of sea farers, builders, whatever. Some may see it as the mark of someone possibly threatening. Some may see it as simple decoration. What is certain is that in our culture, you can guarantee that a tattoo is not going to be seen as universally acceptable to all, including potential future employers who have to consider how their employees and customers will perceive any markings someone may have.

For me, youngsters having tattoos in our culture generally present as easily lead, weak willed, conformist. Tattoos on girls? For me, a no no, girls bodies are great the way they are, I have never seen a girl with a tattoo that would not look better without one. Not what those with tattoos want to hear, but just as everyone has a right to ink themselves, so everyone has a right to decide how they respond to this. I don't think it's discrimination to count a tattoo as a negative when considering candidates for a job, it's freedom of choice. Unfortunately, unlike going for an interview in an inappropriate tee shirt, a tattoo is not removable. This should be considered before you visit the tattoo parlour. Unfortunately, many make the decision to permanently decorate themselves before they have the mental maturity to fully consider the future cost of their badge of conformity to a current fashion trend. This is not just for youngsters though, I know some mid life crisis types going for tattoos. OK if you already settled into your groove as it where, but not so smart if you are currently looking to change careers, as one mate of mine is currently, turning up to interviews with quite heavy ink work on show can't be helping his success rate.

Nothing wrong with a tattoo or two. Persoanlly have a sleeve and have yet to get someone treat me differently, well apart from stroking my arm for some reason lol. Alot of the time it becomes the ice breaker to a conversaion which is a good thing I would have thought ?

IMG_20140606_191857_zpsb1fd859d.jpg

IMG_20140829_191756_zps5a5483a9.jpg

IMG_20141118_202042_zps83532e70.jpg

Edited by joelk2010
  • Like 1

Can't say as I've ever found tattoos offensive, however, in deciding to have one, you need to consider how this will be seen by others. Back in the day, teenage rebellion was often appearance related, but mostly hair / clothes. Today's younger generation have kind of run out of ideas, possibly because their parents generation mostly exhausted the options for ****ing off the generation of parents before. Options left, tattoos!

So what are you saying about yourself with the decision to ink yourself? Depends who is looking of course, some will see a badge of membership to whatever. Some may see a person trying to use the visual language of tougher generations of sea farers, builders, whatever. Some may see it as the mark of someone possibly threatening. Some may see it as simple decoration. What is certain is that in our culture, you can guarantee that a tattoo is not going to be seen as universally acceptable to all, including potential future employers who have to consider how their employees and customers will perceive any markings someone may have.

For me, youngsters having tattoos in our culture generally present as easily lead, weak willed, conformist. Tattoos on girls? For me, a no no, girls bodies are great the way they are, I have never seen a girl with a tattoo that would not look better without one. Not what those with tattoos want to hear, but just as everyone has a right to ink themselves, so everyone has a right to decide how they respond to this. I don't think it's discrimination to count a tattoo as a negative when considering candidates for a job, it's freedom of choice. Unfortunately, unlike going for an interview in an inappropriate tee shirt, a tattoo is not removable. This should be considered before you visit the tattoo parlour. Unfortunately, many make the decision to permanently decorate themselves before they have the mental maturity to fully consider the future cost of their badge of conformity to a current fashion trend. This is not just for youngsters though, I know some mid life crisis types going for tattoos. OK if you already settled into your groove as it where, but not so smart if you are currently looking to change careers, as one mate of mine is currently, turning up to interviews with quite heavy ink work on show can't be helping his success rate.

+1 on the tattoos on woman point.

Far too many get them thinking it makes the look stunning. I always find it funny looking through a night clubs photos and watchin them trying to find a way to cram the wee design on the side of their hand into every single photo so that potential suiters can see how much of a "durty" they are.

Now some girls can look nice with tattoos but i wouldnt say it makes them look better.

My biggest hate is when some daft wee lassie comes upto me an starts explainin how every petel on her rose tattoo stands for a diffrent dead realitive/pet....then goes on to scoff at the fact i had car parts down my arms............ayeeee well i just ****ing like massive turbos!!!!!!

+1 on the tattoos on woman point.

Far too many get them thinking it makes the look stunning. I always find it funny looking through a night clubs photos and watchin them trying to find a way to cram the wee design on the side of their hand into every single photo so that potential suiters can see how much of a "durty" they are.

Now some girls can look nice with tattoos but i wouldnt say it makes them look better.

My biggest hate is when some daft wee lassie comes upto me an starts explainin how every petel on her rose tattoo stands for a diffrent dead realitive/pet....then goes on to scoff at the fact i had car parts down my arms............ayeeee well i just ******* like massive turbos!!!!!!

They don't call them 'tramp stamps' for nothing....

Saw a bloke today with full colour tattoos all over his arms, legs, back of neck. It looked like someone had let their kids go mad doodling on him.

I don't get that. Large colour pieces I can understand but loads of individual little ones in a sort of scattergun approach just don't look right to me.

• Like 1